Chapter 4 (The Ball-2)

Start from the beginning

"Why the fuck are you staring at me??" I asked, pissed and frowning for real, "Want something??"

She looked away immediately, clearly intimidated now.

"Yeah, keep your eyes off me." I scoffed.

After a few seconds of silence, she spoke again.

"That's a minister." she said, pointing at a man and his wife, "Mr Osman Yarah. Let's go so you greet him."

"Fine." I finished my drink and got rid of the glass. "Let's go."
--
After greeting everyone I had to, it was time for me to finally meet Mr Raman. And of course, Zhou.

"There he is." Saïda said and I approached him.

"Mr Raman?" I called and the man turned. He smiled immediately and I smiled back.

"Welcome." I said.

"Thank you very much, my Prince." he bowed.

We started to discuss about boring things that I had to pretend I was interested in. He introduced his wife to me and blah blah blah. Finally, the time I'd been awaiting, arrived.

"I sent a servant to go get my daughter. She went to greet some family friends."

"Okay." I smiled.

"Oh, here she comes." the man said proudly and pointed at his daughter. I turned, impatient. As she came closer, I wasn't going to lie to myself, I was very disappointed. She was beautiful, yes. But Djafar had said she was an eight! I was seeing a six and a half...

She was probably an eight or ten to many other men, but to me, she was a six

She was probably an eight or ten to many other men, but to me, she was a six. I'd expected her to be way more prettier than Saïda. Because honestly, Saïda was an 8 or even 9. And if I had to find a woman for myself, she had to be prettier than my assistant and any other servant girl in the palace.

"My Prince,..." she smiled and curtsied.

"My daughter, Zhou." Mr Raman stated, proudly.

"Welcome, Zhou." I grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"She had her first degree, recently. And she's now furthering her studies, as a law student." Mr Raman said.

"Pretty, and with brains." I complimented and this clearly made her parents happier as they smiled like idiots.

I turned to look for Saïda and come up with an excuse so I could leave, but she was long gone.

'Guess I'm forced to stick with Zhou...' I thought, trying hard not to roll my eyes.

Her parents were staring at me, like they were impatiently waiting for me to invite her for a dance or walk. I was stuck.

'Well, let me try to get to know her. Maybe she's cool to be with. I'm not gonna die, am I?'