seventeen; answers

Start from the beginning

Bucky bit his lip anxiously, watching as Tony immediately started working on finding out who had taken the kids. Steve sat next to him on the quinjet and simply patted his arm, not saying anything. He knew nothing could make him feel better after getting the girl he thought of as a daughter ripped away by the very people who had ruined his life seventy years ago.

~•~•~

Thomas opened his eyes with a groan, moving his hands up to rub his eyes but paused when he heard the clanking of metal against metal. He felt exhausted and drained, barely able to move his hand.

He looked down and saw chains wrapped around his wrists. He groaned once more, trying to use his powers but found that they wouldn't work.

"Thomas." Y/n's hoarse voice called to him. He looked over with a small hiss at the pain in his neck.

She sat against a wall with her wrists chained to the wall like him. On her wrist was a metal cuff that was also on Thomas' wrist. She had marks on her face and bruises on her arms and legs.

She looked at him and nodded towards her cell door. A guard stood in front of it, Thomas could clearly see the gun at his side.

Y/n locked eyes with him before pulling something out from behind her back. It was a metal rod that looked like it had been sharpened into a point. She nodded at his cuffs and he slowly inched over so his wrists were facing her cage.

He heard the fall of the chains clanking against the floor and sighed in relief, but the cuff was still on him.

Y/n unlocked her own chains before crawling towards the guard. She raised the metal rod and Thomas held his breath in anticipation.

At the last minute the guard spun around, grabbing her wrist tightly which made her wince in pain. "Thought you could sneak up on me, huh?" He growled.

She glared at him darkly. "Maybe." He reaches through the bars and smacked her across the face.

"As soon as boss brings your little Spider friend back we'll have to take you in too." She ripped her arm away from the guards grip and backed away until she hit the wall.

Thomas glared at the guard as he turned away.

"What do they want with us?" He asked her quietly, sitting side by side with her in their cells.

"I don't know yet, but I know that these cuffs are draining us of our powers. The Avengers put one on me when they took me the first time." She told him, holding out her wrist that had red scratch marks from her trying to take the cuff off.

"Where's Peter?" He asked.

"They took him into the room down the hall. I can only assume they're trying to get him on their side. He'd never do it." She added, glancing at the door nervously.

"So they're gonna try it on you next?" He asked worriedly.

"I suppose." She whispered, looking down.

"What do we do?" Thomas asked, eager to get out.

"There's nothing we can do but wait." She looked over at him with her scratched and bruised face, a mischievous look in her eyes behind the sad facade.

He tilted his head in confusion at her words. She turned her head and he squinted, seeing her com still in her ear. It was so small that you could barely see that, but it meant the Avengers could hear everything that was going on.

"You wanted to go in the room so they could record everything and find us." Thomas realized, slightly in awe of the girls level head.

She nodded discreetly at him, pulling her hair over her ear. "If Ricky sees me he'll know that I have it, so I just hope that he won't be in there." She whispered.