chapter 19 - The Return

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," Rose answered. "Can you?"

August smiled in amusement from her cute sassiness. "We're a go."

August patted the kids on the shoulders as they went to the pawn shop.

Inside

The bell of the front door rang. Henry, Rose and Lisa walked in. Gold emerged from the back room, confused by the kids' appearance.

"Hey, Mr. Gold," Lisa told him.

"Good morning, Lisa," Gold greeted. "What can I do for you, Henry and Rose."

"We wanna get a gift for Miss Blanchard," Henry told him.

Gold nodded. "Oh, I see."

"Since... she didn't kill that woman," Rose told him.

Gold chuckled. "Good thinking."

Rose and Henry walked off to find something.

Lisa walked up to Gold. "I remember. And I know that you remember too."

Gold chuckled in amusement. "Still as blunt but pure as ever, I see."

"I know that you've been working with Freya," Lisa added. "A lot. I just don't want her to get hurt again. Especially by you. Because you hurt her the most. Besides Regina and Alcina, I mean." Gold knew this was the truth, sighing, though he was a bit amused by what she was saying.  "And you have that look. That look that says you're amused by how protective I am over Priscilla. And not just of her. But of Jefferson, Grace and Saphira too." Gold nodded in agreement, chuckling. "I know you care about them... in your own way. All of them, even. But you always ended up hurting them. Even when you didn't mean to. I just don't want them to get hurt again."

Gold sighed, nodding in understanding.

Henry looked around. "All these bells. They're so cool."

"See anything fancy?" Rose asked. "It should be something special. Like..."

Gold's Office

August snuck in through the back door, closing it silently, beginning to wander around the room.

Gold walked in. "Can I help you?"

August was surprised. "Yeah. I'm looking for some maps. I'm a bit of a collector."

Gold gave him a suspicious look. "Yes, well, there's maps in the shop, but this is my office."

"I thought this was the entrance," August lied.

"It's not," Gold told him abruptly. "The shops are in there."

Gold gestured with his cane through the door to the showroom. August left. Gold looked around suspiciously.

Storybrooke General Hospital - Kathryn's Room

Kathryn was awake, being assessed by Dr. Whale.

Whale noticed Freya, Emma and Ella approaching the door. "Freya. Emma. Ella. Come on it. Look who's awake."