chapter 3 // amnesia (pt. 2)

Song // Amnesia: 5 Seconds Of Summer

2015

"Steve?" The redhead spoke up from the back seat. "You gonna unlock the car or not man?" Sam questioned. They had just pulled into a restaurant Steve didn't recognize from his childhood or his tour around New York after he woke up. "Must be brand new". He thought to himself. They had just passed an old diner Steve and his mom would go to so much, along with Bucky. Bucky. He'd almost forgot the real reason he was out tonight. His friends hadn't taken him out just to celebrate his birthday and the 4th of July, they wanted to help him forget about what happened with Bucky last year. And Bucky in general he assumed. He wish it worked, Steve tried to the night after Bucky fell, Steve went to a run down bar in London with only him and the lousy radio sitting next to him.

Steve tried so hard to get drunk, fighting so hard against the serum. It never worked. Peggy had walked in on him, teary-eyed with a large beer in hand. He wanted to act like he was fine but he knew he wasn't. He just watched his best friend plummet to his death, his piercing scream still echoing in his head.

It didn't work then, it won't work now.

I wish that i could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories that never can escape

Cause I'm not fine at all

Steve honestly wanted to wake up and forget about Bucky, no matter how much he knew he could never forget him. His face, his smile, the way his eyes crinkled when he smiled or laughed, the way his laugh sounded, the way his voice sounded, the way he would always make sure Steve was warm by wrapping himself and a blanket around Steve in their shared bed (it was all they could afford) during the cold nights in their small Brooklyn apartment. He couldn't forget the way he felt when they hugged, the way he looked at Steve with such pure love, that even Steve couldn't depict as anything but platonic love (he was always oblivious). And god those eyes, Bucky's eyes were truly one of a kind. They sparkled in the proper light, they were ocean colored and turned into the most beautiful grey-blue the blonde had ever seen.

He could never forget Bucky, no matter how much everyone, including himself at times, wanted him to. He could never ever forget that man.

"Steve? He are we gonna go eat?" Sam asked this time with a concerned look in his eyes. "I was thinking if we could change our dining plans. I saw a place a few blocks back."

Sam, Steve, and Nat ate at Nathan's Famous that night. Filling Steve with so many memories his heart fluttered. Remembering where he sat with his mother and Bucky this one time 1930, and this other time in 1932.
And the first time without his mother... just him and Bucky in 1935.

From then on it was like him and Bucky against the world.

He still believed it was.

A/N : So there you go! i really liked these two sections because i really like this song because of the lyrics so i thought this used the lyrics pretty well.
Anyway new chapter tmr!