Cracked

A/N: I was inspired with the scene in Anne of Green Gable TV and thought it might be great to add some of my idea into the story. Hope you enjoy. :)

Marilla invited Gilbert to the dinner in Green Gables tonight because Bash was still at the Bog with Mary helping her packing. They will be at Gilbert house by the day after tomorrow. She then worried that Gilbert will starved himself cause he is a growing boy and doesn't know how to cook a real food except for the breakfast.

Since he was came back to Avonlea and had a Dinner on Christmas with them she grown fondly at the boy by his politeness and kind, But deep down even she wouldn't want to admit it to herself

Gilbert was reminded her of John Blythe once they was a child. She was really stricken when John passed away a year ago. She made a vowed that she'll take care of John Blythe son no matter what its cause and inviting Gilbert every time that she has a chance.

Much to Anne dismay.

After Marilla told her that Gilbert will be at the Dinner with them this afternoon she doesn't exactly know what to feel.

Surely they had got on a good term for a bit after Ms.Stacy incident and at school they still be a rival competition as Gilbert was yet far behind and trying to keep up with them. He getting good everyday which not much to Anne surprised. They bickering sometimes but it end with Anne stormed away and ignoring him.

"Oh Marilla, Could I invite Ms.Stacy too?. Please Marilly Please!!" begging Anne eagerly.

"Anne!, you mustn't bother her time more than you already had everyday!"

"But don't you think she would like to have a company once in a while on the wonderful evening like this?"

Marila thought for a second. her mind wander to the woman that she grown to like as well.

"Another the guest wouldn't make a trouble" she said simply

Beside, The more the merrier

"Well, let me go to her and ask her then, You watch the Stew and turn the fire down once it's ready. understood?"

"Yes Marilla!!" said Anne jumping up and down and clapping hands effervescent. and dance around the kitchen while sent Marilla to be on her way. five minutes later she turn off the fire. then ran to up stair and get change.

little does she know that there was a small rodent that typically has a pointed snout, relatively large ears and eyes, and a long tail jump on the pot and trying to licking the Stew but fell in to the pot instead.

When she came back to the Stew and see what inside she gasped loudly

'Holy Gracious Heavenly Father bless me!!!'  She thought horrified.

Knock!       Knock!       Knock!

Anne Heart dropping to her toes as she heard the sounds on the door.