chapter 16 - Heart of Darkness

Start from the beginning

David mounted his horse, turning back for Red.

"Go," Red ordered. "I'll take care of them."

"Red, I'm not leaving you," David argued.

"Find Snow," Red told him. "That's all that matters. If you find Priscilla, she'll take you to her. Find them!"

"What are you gonna do?" David asked.

Red looked up at the night sky, where there was a full moon, then looked at David. "I'm giving you a head start."

David started to gallop away. Red removed her cloak, and her eyes began to glow gold. She ran toward the men on horses, leaping into the air, transforming into wolf mid flight, lunging at the group of men. As David was riding away through the woods, he could hear Werewolf!Red howling. He passed by a wanted poster for Snow.

Now

Storybrooke

Day One

Morning - Sheriff's Station

Mary Margaret was having mugshots taken by Emma, Ella and Freya.

"Please turn to the right," Emma told her.

"Emma, this is a mistake," Mary Margaret told her. "I didn't kill Kathryn."

Emma tilted her head at her. "Of course you didn't."

Ella sighed. "But while we are your friends, we're also cops. We have to go where the evidence leads."

"Which points to me?" Mary Margaret asked. "Ella, yesterday it was David. There's something not right here."

"We know," Freya told her. "But your fingerprints were on that box and his are not. So now we have to deal with this."

Mary Margaret scoffed. "Evidence that says I cut out Kathryn's heart and buried it in the woods. Freya, this is insane."

Ella worriedly tried to get her to understand. "If we don't book you, with all this evidence, it's gonna look like favoritism."

"And then Regina will have cause to fire us," Emma told her. "And then you know what she'll do? She'll bring in someone who will railroad you."

"So please, just try to be patient," Freya told her. "And trust us."

Emma sighed. "We can't even move forward till we verify the heart belonged to Kathryn. And we're still waiting for the DNA test results."

"But in the meantime, you need to bear with us," Ella pleaded.

"We have to ask you a few questions," Emma told her.

"But we know this is crazy," Freya told her. "We know you would never hurt anyone."

Flashback 2

The Enchanted Forest

Day - Cottage

Snow was sweeping and cleaning, humming, reaching a hand toward a blue bird, which flew closer to land on her hand. Snow placed it down, still humming, trying to hit the bird with the broom, but it flew away. Snow continued to try to hit it but kept missing.