Here For You

“You do not seem very well. Is everything alright?” Connor asked
you, worry etched in his voice. He was sure that he had spoken loud enough for you to hear, but noticing that you didn’t react to his question, he knew he had to speak to you more personally.

Connor hurried to you and grasped your shoulders, trying to search for your eyes. Despite his efforts, he wasn’t able to see them, and his mouth set in a hard line. Giving your shoulders a soft squeeze, he guided you to a nearby chair to sit in. Once that was done, he went down on his knees, so he could you search for your face.

“I understand that you are not well, and I would like to help you in some way. I just need for you to tell me what’s wrong,” he softly spoke
to you, hoping that you would have the strength to tell him. He knew that it would be hard for you to speak in your current state, but he would wait as long as he needed. After a few seconds of silence, you were able to tell him what was going on. He listened attentively at everything you had to say, storing every piece of information into his mind and decide on how to aid you in the
best way possible.

Once his LED changed from yellow to its normal blue color, he warmly smiled at you and tenderly took your hands in his.

“I advise that you take the situation calmly. I know that it may be hard at first, but I believe that is the best approach to take when a person is overwhelmed and stressed. Also, I would like for you to talk to me whenever you may need to as it will help your stress to go away at least to some degree.”

Connor rubbed your knuckles with his thumps, still displaying that hopeful smile of his. When he was able to see somewhat of a smile from you, his own smile grew. This is all he needed to know that you relied on him.

“I only wish to alleviate your problems to the best of my abilities. Even if I may be busy, please contact me whenever you may need me.”