Are you afraid?

It's well after nine pm when Jack pulled up in front of Jackie's house. Even though it's been a week since Jack brought up the subject of them sleeping together.

Jackie has tried her best to avoid the subject when Jack tried to bring it up. Jack tried to be patient knowing that this is a major decision that she has to make, but his patience is wearing thin.

Jackie was opening the door when Jack stopped her.

"I don't get a kiss goodnight?"

"I'm sorry Jack. My mind is all over the place," Jackie replies before giving Jack a quick peck.

"I was hoping for a kiss with a little more depth," he replies. She sighs and kisses him again with a little more passion. As they are kissing Jack guides her hand to his lap.

"See what you do to me Jackie?" he says his voice husky. Jackie blushes not knowing how to reply; considering she felt something she had never felt or even seen.

"I think I should be going," she replies.

"Are you afraid of me Jackie or is it because you never felt something so powerful before that it scares you?" 

"I'm not afraid, I'm just really unsure. I do care about you Jack, but I'm not sure if I'm ready."

Jack sits back and sighs.

"I know what I'm asking you Jackie is a big decision. But I want you to know that I'll be there with you and I promise you that I'll be gentle. I've said it before I love you Jackie and I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

"I know that Jack, but what you're asking me is serious. You're asking for something that I should be saving for my husband. I love you Jack, and I know you love me. What will happen if I got pregnant? Then what? Would you still want to be with me or would you leave me?"

He doesn't reply for a minute, which made her feel like she got her answer. She gets out of the car and begins to walk up the steps.

"Jackie wait!" She turns and sees him coming towards her.

"Jackie... I love you and you really are special to me. If you were to get pregnant, then I would do the right thing and be with you. We would raise our baby together. Then when the time came we'll get married."

"Jack, how can you be so sure that we're even in love or meant to be together?"

"Because Jackie, look at us. It's obvious we're in love. Even our names Jack and Jackie. We're halves of one whole. Believe me when we make love it'll be beautiful!" he replies putting his arms around her.

Jackie looks at him and is unsure if she should believe him. She knows that she really cares about Jack and wants to make him happy.

"Besides we'll be using protection just to be careful. Come on Jackie, please?"

"I need a little more time to think Jack, just give me until Friday night. I promise I'll have an answer."

"Alright, I can wait. For you," Jack replies before kissing Jackie good night.