Chapter 27: Clarity Makes Life Smoother

Start from the beginning

Vincent quickly followed her and stood by her. She was in the third trimester of her pregnancy and was getting so tired of being pregnant, she "accidentally" slapped him in the face.

"I'm so sorry, Vincent. I didn't mean to do that, I've been in a lot of distress lately because of the pregnancy."

He rubbed his face a little, "It's okay. I'm sorry for getting you mad."

"It's the truth, Vincent. I don't want you to talk to me about my life when you need to figure out yours." Vincent was kinda surprised at her sudden change of mood.

"I know, I know I need to deal with my own life but we're having a baby and I want to be there and see her when I want. You know how much I wanted a family." He said squeezing himself next to her.

"I know, I'm sorry, I guess I've just been all in my feelings." She said staring at him and started to tear up.

"What's wrong now?" He asked her rubbing her back.

"I didn't just leave because of you... A few months before I left, Rodney came by, I thought the restraining order was going to completely get rid of him but it lasted a year. And the day I quit I went home and he came and tried to rape me. Luckily my brother came to my rescue but I'm not too sure how long he'd be in jail and I don't know what Sebastian did when he arrested him. I'm pretty sure that if he saw me, his stupid ass would think that this baby is his knowing we never got that far that day. And then that creep cousin of Tanya's was stalking me and beating you up, I didn't want to be near him either. But I'm scared to go home Vincent, there's so much uncertainty about who and what's going to be in my life. And what really is there for me to go home to. No one but this baby because I can't trust that Dillan is going to be there at my every beck and call. Especially since working in Europe has done good things for him-."

Vincent turned his head down as soon as she stated Dillan's name, he didn't like the fact that she wasn't focused on him anymore. "But I do love him, he's been the one good person other than Liana who's made me happy in the last two years-"

Now he was about to lose it, because he knew what she wasn't saying to him.

"I've been thinking about it a lot and I don't think I really was happy these past years."

Okay, that was it.

"So, you're telling me you never loved me these last years." Vincent blurted out.

Jazz faced him and looked straight at his face.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. You've been in love with me for years now you're saying that you weren't happy." He stood and huffed.

Why the hell is he mad? She thought.

"Oh so you know, I'm guessing your mom told you."

"Yes, she did."

"And that's why you came here." She stated.

He looked like he was trying to come up with an excuse but nodded.

"You wanted to hear it yourself. You thought that if I told you, then everything will be alright and we could possibly be together. Or you wanted to know, just for your sake but still stay with Tanya because you're confused and stupid."

By now she was right in his face despite his huge stature. The man was at least 6'3" with a very broad chest. Jazz loved his muscles and it looked like he had been working out a lot since she left. She really wanted to forget about all this and just pounce on him and have her way with him finally but she was mad at him.

"I won't lie. I did come here because what my mom told me and I wanted to see for myself." He said folding his arms. She took a step back to get all defensive again.