2

You found yourself continuously sipping water in order to avoid conversation while Liz, Matt and Ryan talked amongst themselves in the middle of some burger restaurant.

"Have you ever been to a casino, (Y/N)?"

You looked up, realizing that your roommate had just asked you a question.

"Uh, yes, but I only went because there was a restaurant in it."

"Oh my god, you've never gambled?" Liz asked. You furrowed your brows. "I'm too broke to do that,"

You didnt find casinos exciting at all. Vegas might kind of be boring to you in that aspect.

You were looking forward to M&M's World, though. Enjoying the finer things in life...

The waiter came to the booth and handed everyone their food. It seemed that all of you ordered burgers.

You were handed your plate, a veggie burger and some fries.

"Wait, so what do you wanna do in Vegas?" Liz asked you, continuing the conversation.

You dug into your fries. "Honestly, the only thing I know about is the M&M World. We better go to it,"

Everyone snickered at your comment. "You have your priorities straight." Matt said, pointing finger guns at you.

"But I mean. There's a lot of shit to do there," Liz said. She then went into a long list, detailing the live events and clubs there.

"I'm fine doing whatever," You shrugged.

"Honestly, Las Vegas is a pisshole and sucks after a day or two," Ryan commented.

Liz took offense to his comment, for some unholy reason. She was clearly a party girl.

"When are we going to Arizona?" You asked.

"When we get bored." Liz said.

"Tomorrow," Ryan mouthed at you, making you laugh.

You all ate your food but your veggie burger was mediocre at best. It left an unsettling taste in your mouth.

Everyone continued to talk but you mostly felt detached. Probably because of the gross burger. They at least tried to include you in the conversations, asking questions.

After about an hour, you all left the restaurant and gathered into the car.

Ryan continued to drive with Matt in the passenger's seat, and you and Liz sitting in the backseat.

You leaned against the window, feeling sick and staring at the California roads.

You soon fell asleep.

*

Two hours had passed. You made it to Vegas, and had a cheap hotel right near some attractions and a casino.

Liz and Matt were blabbering, trying to find the hotel room, as you and Ryan silently followed behind.

Minutes later, the hotel room was found.

Room 321.

Matt unlocked the door and entered, revealing a small room with two beds and a gigantic old television, sitting on top of a dresser.

You quickly sat down on a bed, throwing a pillow over your face.

You felt nauseous. Your stomach was going through hell and you there was a pit at the top of your chest.

"Are you okay?" Liz asked. "I don't know..." You muttered.

Then it hit you.

You quickly sat up and made your way to the bathroom.

You nonchalantly closed the door, not trying to bring attention to yourself from your peers.

You lifted the toilet seat and stared down into the hole, as if it were a void.

Seconds later, you were vomiting.

Great. You got infected with food poisoning from some shitty burger restaurant.

A fantastic way to kick off a trip in Vegas.

You lied down on the bathroom floor, trying to comprehend what had just happened to you.

"(Y/N)!" Liz knocked on the bathroom door.

Christ.

You didn't respond.

She opened the door, finding you laying down.

"I threw up." You mumbled.

"Oh my god. Fuck that burger place." Liz looked into the toilet and sighed.

She handed you a water bottle, making you sit up against the bathtub.

"Drink some water. We were literally just about to go out, but-"

"No! Go out, have fun! I can take care of myself. I'm not trying to ruin anyone's trip." You crossed your arms.

Liz sighed. "God. Okay. You'll be fine here?" She asked.

You nodded. "Can you bring me back some medicine?"

"Of course." She patted your back.

"Clean yourself up, or whatever. Matt, Ryan and I are about to go. I'll drop off some medicine." She stood up, ready to leave.

"Okay, have fun," You leaned back against the tub, hoping they'd leave quickly.

You were kind of embarrassed. Why did you have to get food poisoning?

You splashed your face with cold water and rinsed your mouth out.

You opened the door to see if anyone was still in the room. It was empty, so you took it as a queue to leave the bathroom.

You turned off the lights and plopped down on a bed. It was fairly cold in the room. Most definitely because the air conditioner under the window was aiming at you.

You pulled a blanket over yourself and grabbed the remote to find something on TV.

Considering how the channel index barely had any channels, it was doubtful that you'd find something good.

You looked through and finally decided to go on VH1, which was airing America's Next Top Model re-runs.

By the next hour, you were engrossed in all of the drama and challenges of the show, ignoring the continuous pain in your stomach.

The hotel door suddenly unlocked. You turned your head to see who it was.

Ryan.

"Hey, how you feeling?" He questioned, holding a bag of what was probably medicine.

Liz definitely sent him to deliver you medicine.

"Eh. I'm alright, my stomach is killing me though."

"Have you thrown up?" He asked, going through the bag.

"Nah," You shook your head.

"Yeah... you'll probably feel better by tomorrow then. I grabbed some Tums and other stomach medicine, you should take some," Ryan advised and gave you the bag.

"Thank you," You opened the box of Tums and began to chew one.

He then sat down on the bed across from you and played on his phone.

"Where'd you guys go?" You asked.

"Oh God," Ryan muttered, thinking about it. "We went to some club slash casino down the street. A bunch of gross drunk guys and loud music. I had to leave," He laughed.

"Gosh," You scoffed. "Liz and Matt are still there?"

"Definitely. I think they're getting drunk out of their minds or something," He sighed.

You nodded. It sounds like something Liz would do.

"Wow, sounds fun," You joked.

"Oh, totally. You didn't miss out on much," Ryan shrugged.

A few minutes later he got a phone call and excused himself out of the room.

Once again, you were left alone in the hotel room, still watching America's Next Top Model...