×Author's Note×

I'm not usually one to be blunt in introductions, but I want to get started on this story quickly, before I lose inspiration.

This is, for lack of a better term, re-boot for my first (failed) attempt at a Jak and Daxter fanfic. Needless to say, I've re-read that particular piece, and inwardly cringed in every chapter, especially the one with the Baron's Palace scene. In all seriousness, what the actual fuck was wrong with me at the time? What disillusioned mindset did I have at the time to even be able to think that such terribly written content would sound good, much less make sense? So yes, this is a re-boot for my terribly written J&D fanfiction 'Demons'. I do hope that this one turns out better than its predecessor! There have been some slight changes of course.

- I have decided to make this re-boot a 'reader-insert'. I've only ever seen ONE 'Erol x reader' despite extensive searching. And there's only maybe 3 'Jak x reader' fanfictions that I know of to exist. So, due to the severe lack of reader-inserts in this wonderful fandom, I have decided to create one, and hopefully begin a movement. And yes, I am serious.

- My writing is, in my opinion, a tad more improved and noticeably different. I will try my best to stick to the original plot, but, of course, I will add in my own, so as to make this story unique and stand out from the others, without making it cringey like the one before it.

Now, without further ado, I present to you 'Gray Night'. I sincerely hope that you enjoy the improved plot, as well as the writing style.