The Isle of the Lost: Jane's Fourth Year (Too Nice)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Mal decides to get her hair styled with the girls but the subject of wearing the clothes that Evie plans to make is not brought up.

Today wasn't a usual day by any means because even though Mal had just left Jane with Jay while she went to get what was needed to patch up Jay that was normal. At least once a month either Jay or Carlos would need it.

Luckily since Carlos joined none of Jane's own punishments or training lessons got so bad as to need someone else to help her. Evie, on the other hand, had yet to be around while this went on, so she was still blissfully unaware of the other children's parent's cruelty.

The Evil Queen would never raise a hand to her daughter, damaging her skin was just not something she could or would do. That didn't make her a good parent by any means as what she was doing to her own daughter mentally wasn't healthy from what Jane could see.

Still, if she wanted to talk about emotional abuse none could tough what Maleficent did to Mal, though maybe it's just because Jane was around to witness that abuse. The evil fairy hardly struck out at Mal, a bit of rough handling here or there a smack to the face but Mal was closer to Evie when it came down to it.

Jane was like Carlos and Jay well it was hard to say how much emotional damage the once genie did because it's hard to get past Jay's walls. The physical evidence and the default attitude probably meant he was closer to them though.

The girl's sky-blue eyes watched his limp form and wondered why she was even contemplation this stuff to begin with. Jane hated thinking about it, so why was she?

Suddenly a cough reaches her ears, "Oh you're awake? Don't move Mal went to get some things to fix you up."

The coughing stops after a moment, "He got you good this time..." Jane sighs.

If only her magic could heal... but there's no books about healing on the Isle though.

Not that her magic would probably be capable of good at this point even if she tired.

"Do you hate her?"

Jane is startled for a minute, what was he talking about? She decides to take a guess.

"Maleficent?" He nods before grimacing at the pain the movement caused him. Jane thinks about the question seriously, her default answer should be something along the lines of, 'yes' but was that the truth?

Another moment of soul searching gives her the answer she's looking for, "No one's ever asked me that before... have you ever tired hating someone you live with? It's tiring. No, I don't hate her... I don't like her and... she scares me most of the time but..."

Her voice trails off and for a minute she thinks he's passed back out again.

"But what?"

Jane is suddenly uncomfortable and wondering why she's opening up to him, maybe because he's in such a state and probably won't recall anything they talk about... and maybe just maybe she wants to talk about it.

"She once told me... she's the closest thing I've got to a mother... and in a way she's right." The brunette looks down at her hands, "She's an awful mother, seeing her with Mal would tell anyone that but... it's either her or living on the streets which she wouldn't allow I know because I've tried... it's not because she cares about what happens to me but because I'm useful... or I will be someday, in a way it's like Mal... so yeah she's not wrong in her thinking."

They don't say anything, what more is there to say on the subject.

Not long after Mal arrives and Jane follows her instructions where she can, and the two girls fix up Jay, at least as much as they can on the outside. Inside Jane knows it's a whole other subject, no one will probably ever be able to heal him in there.