Chapter 1

Yuuri

     When I woke up this morning my hand instinctively went to the spot on my bed where Viktor should be. When I felt nothing, my hand then flew to my phone. The numbers looked blurry and I began to wonder if my vision somehow got even worse. "Glasses." I said out loud. The sound of my voice surprised me. Why did I have my phone again? RIGHT! The time. It was 10:45. Considering I had been having trouble sleeping lately, the roughly twelve hours of sleep was a welcome blessing. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes, I looked down at my ring. It was originally meant for good luck but evolved into something more, much more.
"I still can't believe this is real!!" I thought to myself.
"I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!!" 

     This was a situation I often found myself in, asking myself if what is happening is reality. It's an amazing thing being in love. It's something I haven't felt up until recently. Well, more like a year at this point. It's hard to believe that, if all goes well, he is the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.

Viktor Nikiforov is an amazing man. What's even more amazing is the fact the worlds most eligible bachelor (well maybe not the ENTIRE world but everyone who knows his name) chose me, not only as his protégé, but also as his husband. I feel as if I'm walking on clouds. I hope that never changes.

This is the first time I've ever felt this way about someone. His face when I told him that I never had a girlfriend before was priceless. All I could think of in that moment was "Yes, I'm 23 years old and never been in a relationship before." It was pretty pitiful looking back at it. I was so painfully oblivious to any and all attempts Viktor made to try and flirt with me. I remember when he actually told me he was Gay. I had a feeling but I wasn't sure until then.  But that's a story for another time.

A knock on my door brought me back to reality. Half assuming it was Viktor, I immediately said, "Come in."

"Good morning Yuuri."

It was my mom.

"Just checking to see how my favorite son is doing."
"I'm your only son."
"Not for long!"

I felt my face heat up and knew it was probably bright red. I hoped my mom would ignore it. She likes to tease me like that sometimes.

"Are you ok? It was getting a little late and I wanted to see if you were up yet."

I checked the clock, 11:20. Wow, how much time did I spend day dreaming?

"Sorry mom, I didn't even realize what time it was."
"No worries, Viktor hasn't been keeping you up to late has he?"

The way she said it made me ten times more uncomfortable that I was before. My face was probably the same shade as a sunburnt tomato.

"N-no of course not mom! By the way, where is Viktor?"
"At the shops, I think he's getting a little something for you, Yuuri"

As if I wasn't blushing enough already, my face somehow managed to turn a darker shade of red. I hoped it wasn't noticeable, but from my moms face it clearly was.

"Any ways he should be back soon. By the way, do you remember what day it is?"
"Umm...Monday?"
"Do you know the exact date?"

I love my mom, but she can be a little cryptic sometimes.

"No...should I?"
"It's November 19th, you know, one week before your birthday?"
"Oh my god, I completely forgot!"
"Hah it's ok, come downstairs when you're ready."
"Ok, I love you mom."
"Love you too sweetheart."