"You couldn't walk and I know that because I was carrying you."

"They shot my toe. You want to see it?" Levi, Lydia and Scott all looked down for a second as Stiles waved his foot in the air. "My toe was caught in the crossfire. It was obliterated!"

"Okay, forget your toe," Lydia said, looking at the two boys.

"Guys, it's not just the hunters. We've got another problem," Scott informed them, getting ready to explain everything to them.

Malia spoke next. "It's called the Anuk-Ite."

____

Gerard looked at Monroe as he held out a small black case to the woman. As she silently unzipped the case her eyes widened at the sight before her. She could tell instantly what he was about to trust her with.

"This is all the yellow wolfsbane we could find. Extremely rare, but enough to make two bullets," he told her as she held one of the bullets up into the light. The yellow tip glinted in the light and Monroe smirked at the bullet. "And more than powerful enough to kill an Alpha - even a Pentagonum alpha."

While Monroe wasn't actually sure what that meant, she knew that he was referring to the Hale alpha as opposed to Scott. They had been instructed very specifically by Gerard that if they couldn't kill Scott McCall, Levi Hale was their best option. It had even been stressed that her death was maybe even more important for their cause.

____

"It can get into your head. It can make you see things," Levi started the explanation off, knowing that it was going to be a group effort to actually put into words everything they had learned about the mysterious creature that was the kickstarter in this war.

"What does it look like?" Derek asked, his little sister having moved across the room to rest on his side. It had been a while since they had really gotten the chance to be near each other.

"It used to look like two ordinary people. But somehow they merged," Scott added.

"All we know is that it's made of two faces. One human. The other supernatural," Lydia said, knowing that this was going to be harder than anything they had ever faced before.

"And it's a shapeshifter, just like us. But it knows what you're afraid of. What you fear most."

Malia sighed as she finished their small description off. "And now it can kill you just by looking at you."

"Okay, so you're telling me we gotta go up against this thing blind? And face our deepest fear?" Stiles asked, his voice a little squeaky as he thought about the current situation. This was 100% worse than when he was the Nogistune as he actually found himself realising what was going on.

"Yeah. Why? What do you fear the most?" Malia asked, her eyes narrowed as she waited on his answer since he seemed to be working himself up again.

"Blindness."

"Becoming blind?" Levi asked, uncertainty in her voice. Surely this was some sort of joke instead of being stupidly bad timing to have revealed that.

"Yeah, terrified of it. Always have been."

"This just seems to be a situation of unfortunate overlap," Derek sarcastically replied, his hand sitting on top of Levi's.

Everyone noticed that where Levi and Derek's skin was meeting, his veins were turning black. It had been easy for them to all have forgotten that barely a day prior she had been torturted within an inch of her life. Scott felt his chest tighten slightly at the thought that she had been in pain this whole time but hadn't wanted to say anything. So even though everyone noticed the veins, it wasn't mentioned.