I can only imagine what he is going through right now. I know for a fact that if it was Ethan lying on that table I would be a complete wreck right now.

I stop in front of Seth and rap my arms around his waist resting my head on his chest being careful not to touch his bad shoulder. Seth doesn’t move at first he just stands there stiff as a board in my arms. After a while he relaxes and raps his arms around me letting out a breath he has probably been holding since this whole mess started.

We stand like that for such a long time my legs start to ache, but I don’t complain or move away. Seth needs me right now; he needs the touch of pack. We may not officially be a pack we are a family. After a while longer I feel Seth start to pull away I squeeze him one last time then let him move back.

“Thank you” Seth whispers sounding slightly better. I just shrug my shoulders it was only a hug no big deal.

“It’s ok”

Seth shakes his head

“Not just that. For what you did for Sam”

“Its ok I would have done the same for anyone”

“Well thank you. I couldn’t have done it” Seth shakes his head again and puts his hand on my cheek.

“You have such a big heart Faith” He leans forward kisses my forehead then leaves the room.

Thinking over Seth’s words I’m glad I can still care for people. Part of my feels broken after what happened. I walk into the lounge lost in thought as I look out the large bay window.

A warm hand on my shoulder makes me gasp and spin round. Ethan grabs my arm to stop me from landing on my butt.

“Sorry button I didn’t mean to startle you”

“That’s ok. I was lost in thought. Do you have to keep using that nick name?”

“But you have such a cute button nose” Ethan coos at me and taps at my so called cute button nose with the tip of his finger. I playfully slap his finger away and laugh at him.

“Goofball”

“Brat”

We chuckle at each other then Ethan’s face turns serious.

“I’m so proud of you Faith. The way you helped Sam was amazing” I just shrug.

“Like I said to Seth I would have done the same for anyone. How’s Sam anyway?” Ethan sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

“Sleeping. Drew’s on the phone to doc Jones. He is going to stop by tomorrow to check on him. He couldn’t get away from the pack, apparently there’s a pregnant female who’s having problems so it’s understandable” I nod my head

“Yeah I hope they are ok” I really mean it to believe it or not shifters have an exceptionally hard time getting pregnant. Our pregnancy rates are a lot lower than humans, so a pregnant female is watched very very closely.

“I’m just gunna get something to eat then go sit with Sam for a while”

“I’ll come with. I bet Seth and Drew could use some food too” We walk to the kitchen together both lost in thought.

“Hey guys” Nathan greats us as we walk in. His scrubbing the kitchen table but I don’t think that’s going to help. The blood has soaked into the grain of the wood.

“I don’t think it can be saved man. We will have to get a new one” Ethan comments as he opens the fridge. Nathan sighs and throws the scrubbing brush onto the table.