chapter 12 - Skin Deep

Start from the beginning

"You're not going alone, Tori," Belle told her. "I shall go with you. He wants us both."

"It's forever, dearies," Rumplestiltskin told them.

Belle hesitated, sighing heavily. "Our family, our friends. They will all live?"

Rumplestiltskin nodded. "You have my word."

"Then you have ours," Belle told him. "We will go with you forever."

Rumplestiltskin smiled, giggling. "Deal!"

"Belle..." Maurice trailed off. "Victoria... You cannot do this. Girls, please. You cannot go with this, beast."

Rumplestiltskin gasped mockingly, putting a hand to his chest, feigning offense.

"You used to call me the same thing when you've had too many to drink," Tori replied.

"Father..." Belle trailed off. "Gaston... it's been decided."

"You know, they're right," Rumplestiltskin told them. "The deal is struck. Oh, congratulations on your little war."

With a giggle, Rumplestiltskin led Belle and Tori from the palace.

Now

Storybrooke

Day One

Morning - Street

Day prior to Valentine's Day, Moe, the Storybrooke counterpart to Maurice, was unloading flowers from his delivery truck service called Game of Thorns.

Gold walked closer with another man. "Well, this is just perfect. I've been looking for you, Mr. French."

"I'll have your money next week," Moe told him.

"The terms of the loan were fairly specific," Gold told him. He looked at the man. "Take the van."

The man proceeded to do so.

"Wait, no!" Moe told them. "Tomorrow's Valentine's Day. It's the biggest day of... I've got a grand in roses in the back." Gold's henchman started the van. "Stop! You've gotta let me sell them."

"I'm gonna leave you two to continue this conversation," Gold told them, starting to walk away.

"Oh, this is no way to do business, Gold," Moe told him angrily. "You are the lowest. People aren't gonna put up with this."

The truck was driven off, leaving Moe in the street.

Regina approached Gold. "Mr. Gold, that was quite a show back there."

"Well, Mr. French is just having a bad day, happens to the best of us," Gold told her.

"I've been meaning to talk to you about our last deal with the trade off of your land, the money and--" Regina started.

"Yeah, and the moment you have something I wanna discuss, we'll have that little chat," Gold replied.

"No, we're gonna do this now," Regina told him. "It'll only take a moment."

"Is there something eating you, dear?" Gold asked. "Something you need to get out in the open, 'cause it's gonna have to wait, please."

Gold walked away, leaving behind a confused-looking Regina, who was forced to obey his command due to the please enchantment.