chapter 11 - Fruit of the Poisonous Tree

Start from the beginning

Granny's Diner

Emma, Ella and Mary Margaret were sitting at a table.

"Don't let our feelings cloud our judgment?" Emma asked. "That's all Regina ever does."

Mary Margaret looked at them sympathetically. "She's just upset because you two and Freya have a special place with Henry, Rose and Lisa, and she doesn't."

"How'd she find out about the castle in the first place?" Ella asked.

"She knows everything about this town," Mary Margaret answered. "She's the mayor."

"Do you know the issue that Freya has with Regina?" Ella asked. "I mean, ever since coming to Storybrooke, we've noticed a pretty big rivalry between them."

Mary Margaret shook her head in answer, hearing her phone vibrate, picking it up, looking at it, reading a text from David: We need to talk. Meet at our spot.

"Everything okay?" Emma asked.

Mary Margaret nodded. "Yeah, I just need to go." She stood quickly, readying to leave. "Look, if it makes you feel any better, I think you and Freya are right. I see the effect she has on Henry, Rose and Lisa."

Ella sighed. "I wish everyone else did, too."

Mary Margaret touched Emma and Ella's arms sympathetically and reassuringly, passing them on the way to leave the diner, passing by Freya as she walked in when she did. "Freya, hi."

"Bye, Mary Margaret," Freya told her.

Mary Margaret left. Freya walked toward the counter to order a drink.

A very drunk Sidney came to talk to Freya, Ella and Emma. "I can grant your wish."

"Oh, Sidney?" Ella asked. "You want a side of bacon with that whiskey?"

"You wanna show this town who the mayor really is?" Sidney asked. "I can help."

"It's gonna be kinda hard to do from inside her pocket," Emma told him.

"The mayor and I are done," Sidney told them.

Emma scoffed skeptically. "Sure you are."

Sidney sighed. "She got me fired from the paper. She made a fool of me in the election. So I started working on an expose on the mayor's office, and I found something she didn't want found."

"Sidney, you're drunk," Ella told him. "Go home. Sleep it off."

"Be grateful that you don't have to answer to her anymore," Emma told him.

Sidney offered them his card. "Call me. Storybrooke deserves to know the truth about her."

Emma took the card. Freya didn't trust Sidney because she knew he would pretty much always do everything Regina told him to.

Flashback

Enchanted Forest

Genie's Lamp

Inside the lamp, the Genie of Agrabah (Sidney/Magic Mirror) was seated with a mirror. Rumbling was heard distantly from outside, growing louder. The camera panned up. King Leopold was seen.

Genie chuckled. "Here we go."