Chapter Twenty - 'Last Lesson.'

Start from the beginning

‘I love it.’

The words took no strain to say because they were completely true.

‘Really?’ Draco grinned as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her lips gently, ‘good. This is for you. For us.’

‘Us... I like the sound of that,’ Hermione admitted as she snaked her arms around the blonde man that happened to be what everyone called the one.

---

‘This house is absolutely gorgeous,’ Ginny smiled.

Hermione crossed her legs under the table and finished off her bite of food, smiling  back at her, ‘it is, isn’t it? This was all Draco’s idea and he has the best taste!’

Draco jerked his eyes away from Harry and gave a weak smile to Hermione. He had no idea why he had agreed to eat dinner with the Potter’s when Harry was the one who could have gotten him out of his punishment.

Harry just stared down at his food as the two women talked.

‘How’s baby Albus?’ Hermione gushed, looking at Ginny with a grin, ‘I bet he’s growing like a weed. I know Rose was when she was a baby.’

Draco jerked his eyes up to meet Hermione’s gaze. He smiled for the first time that evening, knowing tonight was the night that she would take a pregnancy test. Ever since Hermione had missed her last period, she had been worried of what that could mean. Obviously one thing: she was pregnant.

Draco’s smile grew into a grin as he thought of the positive outcome to that. They would be a family, finally. After so many years apart and the six months spent in that dingy cell, at least now he had Hermione and Rose and maybe another little baby.

Rose happily ate on, talking animatedly to Harry as she did so. Draco grinned for the whole of that evening until they were saying goodnight to the Potter’s – Harry and Draco shaking hands awkwardly and not really exchanging farewells. Rose was put to bed earlier than usual with Draco rushing through her bed time story.

And now, right at this moment, Draco had his head pressed against the bathroom door while Hermione was in there.

‘I don’t know why I’m not allowed in,’ Draco said for the hundredth time.

‘I just... don’t appreciate you staring at me while I urinate,’ Hermione murmured and he could hear the water from the tap as she washed her hands.

‘Start counting,’ Hermione murmured, opening the door and reaching over to hug him.

Draco obliged and counted down from sixty. His hands ran circles around her back as he tried to comfort her, feeling her muscles loosen against him. He wanted her to be happy about this and he knew she would be but being pregnant would be hard.

’40... 39...’

She had been pregnant with Rose before and had been all alone, except for Michael of course. Draco frowned briefly at the thought of that asshole – as he liked to say whenever Michael was mentioned. He still didn’t understand why Hermione didn’t want to turn Michael into the police but... she said something about having him gone for her life for good. Still, Draco wanted him to hurt as much as he made Hermione hurt.

‘10... 9.... 8... 7...’

Hermione tensed around his body, closing her eyes tight.

‘6... 5... 4...’

‘I love you,’ Hermione murmured.

‘And I love you,’ Draco replied before he got down to the number one.

He rubbed her back lightly and leaned over to look at the little stick that would determine their future. Draco’s heart stopped for one beat before picking up its pace as he saw the plus sign meaning...

‘You’re pregnant!’

Hermione clutched him tighter, hugging him as though her life depended on it.

‘Oh... how exactly are we going to take care of a little baby? I don’t know... I can take care of Rose but she’s not a new born baby,’ Draco said, blubbering out words until Hermione put a hand over his mouth.

‘I guess this will be your last lesson,’ Hermione said and paused, kissing his lips, ‘you’ve perfected your love lessons.’

‘My last lesson will be about being a father?’ Draco murmured against her lips, ‘mm, I can’t wait to start.’

His hand travelled down to her stomach as he rubbed the spot that would slowly expand due to their child growing there. Draco kissed her, the only woman he had ever loved and would ever love.

Hermione had taught him to love and he couldn’t be more grateful.

---

A/N - Yes, this is the final chapter! *Sob*

Although I really hoped you enjoyed it even though the last part was cliche/ cheesy/ predicatable. It's fine though, sometimes you just need to write stuff like that ;)

Thank you for sticking through my erratic uploading and follow me if you haven't, vote, comment! I love comments :) Read my other stories and who knows, I might start a new one ;)

Also follow my other account if you wish > TellerOfTales96