Face to face with REALITY!

Start from the beginning

Arnav sighed giving me a sad smile in return.
"Khushi main darr raha hoon. Bahut darr raha hoon. Kyunki aaj main tumhe kuch batana chahta hoon. Mujhe nahi pata iss sach ko jaan kar tumhara kya reaction hoga. But believe me...zindagi ne itne kaante diya mujhe ki phoolon ki kadar karna seekh nai paya. And always remember one thing that I loved you...I love you and I will continue to love you. Mere aakhri saans tak."
(Khushi I am scared. Really really scared. Because I am about to tell you something. I dont know how you are gonna react after hearing this truth. But believe me...life has given me only thorns at every turn and so I could not learn to appreciate the roses. And always remember one thing that I loved you...I love you and I will continue to love you. Till my last breath).
He said as a tear rolled down his eye.

I gasped hearing his words. And his tears were my undoing.
"Tum mujhe darra rahe ho Arnav. KYA BAAT HAI? Please bolo. Tumhari baatein se to lag rha hai jaise ki tumhari iss baat ke baad hum...HUM ALAG HOJAYENGE?? This looks like a goodbye..."
(You are scaring me Arnav. WHATS GOING ON? Please tell me. Why am I getting this feeling that after your confession we...WE WILL BREAK UP? This looks like a goodbye..)
I replied as similar pain and tears formed in my eyes.

He quickly held both of my hands in his. Raw pain enveloped his face.
"AISA KABHI NAHI HOGA...HUM KABHI ALAG NAI HONGE. Remember that. I promise. Chahe tum jitna bhi naaraz ho main khud se tumhe alag nai hone dunga Khushi. Tum Meri thi aur HAMESHA RAHOGI."
(NOTHING OF THAT SORT WILL HAPPEN...WE WONT EVER BREAK UP. No matter how much upset or disappointed you are with me we wont be separated from one another Khushi. You were Mine and will ALWAYS REMAIN MINE).

My hold tightened on his hands. His grip was also firm.

Slowly Arnav started giving details of a landmine that we never crossed uptil now. His family. His grandmother, aunt, uncle, cousin, and sister. A sister who was a second mother to him. Next he told me about his Brother in law. Shyam Manohar Jha. And then the major fact that he was pretending to be a good husband and son. A facade that he wore to cover his true self. Cheat. Liar. Fraud.

"I am so sorry Arnav. I had no idea. He deserves to live in hell. I feel so bad for your sister."
I said sympathizing with him.

Hearing my last words his hold loosened. I looked up only to see him walking a little away from me. Tears were rolling down his eyes now. His pain was hurting me. What made him so weak? What happened?

"NO. DONT FEEL SORRY FOR HER. DONT."
He screamed while gripping his hair.

I gasped hearing his response. Why? What did she do? There were so many questions that I wanted to ask. But it seemed he was breaking with every word that he spoke.

"Arnav Please.."
I tried to reach out to him. My hand moved towards his but he moved back. Creating a distance between us. And I suddenly it seemed that we were miles apart.

"No Khushi. You dont know anything. I am not a good person. Tumhe pata hai ki Shyam Manohar Jha kaun hai? KAUN HAI WOH? NO you dont. KHUSHI HE IS THE SAME MAN WHO BETRAYED YOU. YOUR FIANCEE!!! Yes Khushi the same fraud who inspite of being married played with you and your family."
(Do you know who this Shyam Manohar Jha is? DO YOU KNOW WHO IS HE? NO you dont).

SHOCKED...

SHELL SHOCKED I STOOD WITH WIDE EYES...

Bewildered to the core.

Arnav POV

She was trying to console me. Khushi who took the brunt of all my mistakes and failures was still trying to take my pain away. But today I was adamant to reveal everything to her. I know I am about to break her heart. But my insides are clenching with immense pain. I cannot lie to her anymore. My newfound humanity which is a gift from Khushi is not allowing me to hide the truth from her.