𝟎𝟐✧ 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐒.

Start from the beginning

Carmen's face twisted in confusion before his words sunk in and then her face turned to one that made him realize she understood what he meant.

She then became more aware that the sun was burning her skin and she suddenly felt hot. "I figured that I was here to help him, I just didn't think it was the force's doing."

"The force is inside you, my dear. In order to fulfill your mission, you may need its help." He watched as she started pacing back in forth, taking in everything. "I was brought here to inform you of this and to also give this to you," he grabbed something from his belt and handed it out to her.

Carmen sighed and turned her head towards him and noticed what laid in his hand. She quickly walked over towards him, "Your lightsaber?" She grabbed the hilt from his grasp and twisted it in her hand. Shaking her head, she hands it back to him. "I can't possibly take this, Qui-Gon. It's yours and I don't even know how to use it."

"You must take it, my dear. You're force sensitive now and must have a lightsaber." He held it out again and watched as she hesitates on what to do next. "Do tell me, how did you plan on saving Shmi with no weapon? You'll need to have something in order to make sure she stays alive for Anakin. Isn't that what you had planned? Save Shmi first and save Anakin later. It isn't a bad plan, my dear, you must have a weapon in order for your quest to work."

Carmen hated how he knew so much about her when he's never met her. It was like he could read inside of her soul and it frustrated her in a way. She also couldn't wrap her head around the fact that he keeps saying she has the force inside of her.

Looking into his eyes and searching for hesitation on his part, she grabs the weapon from his hand again and stares at it in amazement. She never thought she'd ever get to hold a real lightsaber, but here she was, looking at it as if she was a kid in a candy store.

Qui-Gon smiled again, the small wrinkles beside his cheeks and lips showing. "I must be going now. I know you don't have much to go by from the movies, but you must train yourself and be prepared for when the raiders try to come snatch Shmi up." He watched her nod at his words. "Remember, the force is always with you."

And with that, his blue force ghost disappears into thin air and Carmen had felt a weight lifted off her shoulders. Her body suddenly felt cold from the lack of his presence being there and she already found herself missing him.

Hearing footsteps approach, Carmen quickly hides the lightsaber inside her brown jacket. She turns around and meets the eyes of Beru who had a small smile on her face. Carmen noticed how the woman seemed to always be cheerful no matter the circumstance.

"I'm heading to Mos Espa to buy some things. Do you want to come with?" Beru spoke up after they both stood there in silence for a few moments.

Beru and the rest of her family decided that they would let Carmen stay with them until she could get her memories back. They think that she hit her head and doesn't remember where she's from. Carmen wanted to keep it that way in order for them not to question her or randomly ask her to leave. Although, that seemed out of character for Shmi.

Even though Carmen hates the place the woman currently spoke about, she nodded her head. "Yes."

Beru nodded and turned around, heading towards her landspeeder where the two could take their seats. Carmen followed her and they both got in their seats in silence.