Chapter 24~ Let The Best Man Win

Depuis le début

"Deal." I said.

"Lily!" I ignored Riley and looked at Jean.

He smiled, looking impressed.

"All right then. See ya at the finish line." He said and walked away towards his car.

I watched him to see if I was right....he walked right over to his car and popped the hood. I smiled evilly and turned around. Riley was staring at me.

"Why'd you do that?!" He yelled.

"What you can't beat him?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"I can but...."

"No buts. Come on big boy. Win this race for me." I whispered.

He smiled and nodded.

"All right! But come over here. I need your expertise." He said, grabbing my hand and dragging me towards his car.

We tinkered under the hood of his car for a few minutes and then closed it when Blaze came over to us.

"Hey you guys know Jean hasn't taken his eyes off of you since he got back over there."

I smiled and pressed the wrench I had in my hand against Riley's chest.

"Good. Time to execute my plan."

They both watched me as I walked over to Jean and his car. I glanced at them and saw Blaze was holding Riley back. I smiled reassuringly at them and looked back at Jean. He looked up from his car and smiled at me.

"Well hello there Lily. Couldn't stand it over there?" He asked as he wiped his hands off.

I smiled and shrugged.

"I just came over here to see if you needed some help with your car." I said quietly as I took a step closer to him.

He looked at me impressed.

"You know about cars huh?"

I nodded. He moved out of the way.

"Go ahead. I need to go talk to one of my friends anyway."

I smiled and nodded as he walked off. That was too easy! I looked under the hood of his car and wolf whistled. Dang... I looked around slowly; making sure no one was watching me. I grabbed something, some type of wire, and pulled. I didn't know what it was because I was too busy looking around, making sure I wasn't being watched. I smiled when he came back and looked under the hood.

"Well everything seems to be in perfect order Jean. There's nothing wrong with your car." I said.

He nodded and closed the hood of his car. He leaned on the hood of his car and smiled at me. A shiver ran up my spine and I faked a smile.

"I cannot wait to beat Stevenson over there and win my prize." He whispered, reaching out to touch my face.

I pulled away, taking a step back.

"I'm not yours yet." I said sharply.

He chuckled.

"Yet." He said, nodding.

I gave him one last look before turning around and walking back over to Riley and Blaze. They both stared at me questioningly and I smiled.

"Don't worry boys." I said and I kissed Riley on the cheek.

"All right man I'm up. See ya'll at the finish line." Blaze said.

I watched as he got in his car and drove it to the starting line. A girl who was barely wearing any clothes stood in front of them with a gun.