After escaping to the villa, Tang Shan made use of his memories and found the key that was hidden in the bonsai outside. He entered the house and went to the second floor, concerned but confined to the safety of the house. He looked out from a window, taking note of what was happening within the town.

Soon, a female officer came knocking, and Tang Shan quickly went downstairs and answered the door.

"Mr Tang Shan."

"How's the situation out there?"

"We have it under control, so please don't worry. Mr Li sent me here to inform you that you are to stay in the villa tonight. Mr Tang Shan, I need to emphasize this once more – please don't leave the house tonight!"

Her stern warnings made it seem as if something big was happening.

"It's getting late now. You should get some rest. I still have to meet with the others, so I'll take my leave."

The female officer finished her report and left after bidding him farewell.

Tang Shan returned to the second floor and continued monitoring the situation outside. It was much too far, however, and he couldn't see much. There wasn't a television that could give him live coverage of the incident either, and he was in no mood to sleep yet.

Or at least, that's what he thought. In the end, Tang Shan was exhausted and finally fell asleep by the window wrapped in a blanket.

"Hahahaha, haha, hahahahahaha-"
There seemed to be the constant sound of children's laughter in his dreams.

Tang Shan woke up, the sound of laughter still resounding in his ears. No, those giggles really did exist. He climbed up and gazed out of the window, to the sight of a few children dancing excitedly as they headed towards the other end of the town.

He turned to look at the wall clock behind him, only to find that it was two in the morning. Why were there children hanging around outside at this time? Furthermore, there had been a huge commotion not long ago; it was far too dangerous!

Worried, Tang Shan left the villa and chased after the children.

"Hey! You guys! Wait!"

He shouted at the top of his lungs, and the children suddenly turned around, their laughter halting.

Tang Shan was unnerved by their stares. As he was still a distance away from them and couldn't see the expressions on their face, the atmosphere was terrifying and bizarre at the same time.

"You guys-" Tang Shan started.

One of the children began to chuckle once more, and like a chain reaction, all the children began to laugh along. They ignored him and advanced forward cheerily.

"Hey!" Tang Shan wanted to stop them, but they picked up speed and he had to jog a little to catch up to them. In the end, even he forgot why he wanted them to halt and only mindlessly trailed after them.

The children slowed their footsteps as they approached the square, their presumed target. In front of them were even more children in a circle, all of whom were prancing and grinning cheekily.

Tang Shan got closer and realised that nobody was paying him the slightest attention. He bent down to examine the child who was closest to him, and couldn't help but feel that this face was unexplainably familiar. He racked his brain for any answers – where had he seen that face before?

Ah!

He remembered now.  A quick look around at the faces of the children, and he was so stunned that he stumbled onto his behind. He could not believe his own eyes.