chapter 6 - The Shepherd

Start from the beginning

"Well, not yet," Freya told her. "But we'll both remember more, in time."

"With each match I strike," Lisa finished.

From 1.01 "Pilot", in the wooden castle structure, Lisa had been watching the memory/flashback through the flame of a match.

Freya: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Lisa's visions started again. She'll remember more and more with each vision she gets from the matches she strikes."

From 1.02 "The Thing You Love Most", in the street, Lisa lit a match to burn the pages of her book, the pages containing Young Emma and Baby Ella. She saw a brief memory in the light of the match.

Freya: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "Soon, she'll be able to remember it all, and how to break the curse."

From 1.02 "The Thing You Love Most", in the street, Freya, Jefferson and Gold were talking.

"You wanted Ella and Emma to come to town," Freya told him. "Because you wanted all this to happen. If you think that this redeems you in my eyes, you're wrong. You've done far more harm than good, even to your own family... Papa."

Gold watched as Freya and Jefferson walked away down the street.

ღ Worlds Colliding (Once Upon a Time) ღ

Day One

Night - Nolan House - Outside

David and Kathryn arrived outside their home.

"You know, you had the same look on your face before we bought it, too," Kathryn told him. "You couldn't see past the ugly windmill on the lawn. And said you'd ever buy an old lady house. Do you remember what made you change your mind?"

David looked around. "I see the windmill's gone."

Kathryn smiled. "Come on, everyone's waiting."

"Who's everyone?" David asked.

Kathryn chuckled, leading him toward the house.

Inside

Kathryn led David inside, to where there was a welcome home party gathered, and everyone cheered and applauded.

Kathryn smiled, introducing David to a man. "This is Gene."

Gene shook his hand. "Good to see you, David."

David nodded in return. "How are you doing?"

Kathryn held a hand toward a woman. "And this is Ellen, his wife."

"Ellen, hi," David told her.

Ellen smiled. "Good to see you, too."

Kathryn went on. "And Frank."

"Welcome home, David," Frank told him.

Dr. Whale shook David's hand. "Hey."

"Dr. Whale," Kathryn greeted.

Whale nodded. "Hi, David."

David tried to remain polite even though he was clearly overwhelmed. "Hi."

"Look, I know this is a lot, but it's good for you," Whale told him. "The smallest things can trigger your memories. Just try and have fun."

David nodded, forcing a small smile. "Thank you, Dr. Whale. I'll do my best."