Paying attention to the therapy session before them, they watched as Dr. Hannon attempted to get a conversation out of Luke once more. "So tell me, Luke. Why are you so angry?" He asked.

"Because everyone in this hospital is an idiot. The only intelligent being in thie entire place is Alice." He spat angrily.

"You really care about Alice, don't you?" The doctor continued with his questions.

"Of course I do." He nodded. "We've been together since we were kids. Alice is the only person who truly cares about my. Not like Doctors Jefferson, they're the ones who put me in this fucking hellhole." He said, crossing his arms over his chest in annoyance.

"Do you remember why they put you here?" Dr. Hannon asked Luke.

"Because--they say--I hurt Alice." He sighed. "But I already told you it wasn't me. It was him."

"And who is him?"

"Satan." He stated simply.

Alice gasped, muttering under her breath. "That's right...Luke's had that scar since before he was admitted here. How could I forget that?"

"He's delusional." Dr. Jefferson commented. "He still thinks Satan is the one committing the crimes. I think I know what must be done. His obsession with you...his delusions...the murders, it all needs to stop."

"What do you mean, father?" Alice asked, turning to look at him.

Pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose, he continued, "I'll have everything set up in the operating room. Tomorrow, I will perform a lobotomy on your brother."

"You can't do that." Alice protested. "He's your son, you'll incapacitate him."

"He needs to be stopped." Dr. Jefferson refused to listen to her. "We said we would help him recover and sometimes old methods are the solution to old problems." Placing a hand on her shoulder, he asked, "Do you want to help your brother?"

"Yes." She cried. "I want to help him, not turn him into some emotionless thing."

Now semingly annoyed with her, Mr. Jefferson stated firmly. "Well your mother and I are his legal guardians and we are also the medical experts here, so you really have no say in this, Alice."

"No." Alice shook her head, taking a step away from him. "I won't allow this."

She took a few steps towards the door and pushed it open, stepping out into Dr. Hannon's office. Luke saw her, just seconds after he had grabbed a wooden pencil off the desk and stabbed it through Dr. Hannon's hand. The startled doctor yelled out in pain and his uninjured hand went to press the emergency button. 

Soon a team of guards was hauling Luke back to his room. 

From behind her, she heard her father say, "Do you see Alice? He's a danger to others."

.

.

.

.

Luke was sedated and left in his bedroom to sleep for the rest of the afternoon. Alice held a tray of food in her hands for Ashton to eat because she hadn't seen him at lunch and it seemed like he wouldn't be making it to dinner either.

When she opened the door, she was surprised to see he was asleep. But as she got closer, she noticed how pale his skin was.

Thinking him sick, she placed a hand on his forehead. He didn't have a fever. Next, she checked the pulse on his wrist. There was barely  pulse. She tried to shake him awake, but he seemed to be in a deep sleep. 

That was when it dawned on her.

When she was younger, she often remembered her parents using old methods to cure patients of their mental disorders. One of the most common one they used was called deep sleep therapy in which they would induce a patient into a coma by injecting them with high amounts of insulin. This kept the patient in a state of coma for hours, or even days, depending on the amount of insulin injected. 

It didn't do much to help the condition of the patient, but rather kept them immobile and out of the way.

Now Alice had to problems on her hands, and she didn't know which of the two to fix first.

-

yay.

update.

can u hear the hallelujah chorus? ^.^

i decided to add a few of the other doctors since a lot of you keep asking for them. there was a reason why i didn't mention them before, and why they won't make significant appearances for the rest of the story. and this will all become clear on the last chapter of the story.

ooh, and another detail.

there is a chapter, i forgot which. but a lot of you keep pointing out that alice is taller than luke, so she must be a giant?

um, i don't want anyone to take the following statement the wrong way, but i can't find a way to word it without sounding like a total bitch. so here goes. if you read it right, that chapter says that she was taller than him WHEN THEY MET. and i clearly remember saying they met as children. so i don't know where you all get the idea that alice is a giant. she WAS taller, but now he is taller (obviously).

and yeah, look at alice's dad using these really old medical methods to solve the patients' mental problems. there is also a reason for that. so don't say 'oh, no one uses those methods anymore.' i know what i'm doing, my pretties :*

thank you for all your support and thank you for being patient and thank you for almost getting this story to 100K reads! 

i am so stoked for that ^.^

i love you all.

stay lovely.

and quick note; we're just about ready to wrap up this story. there might be like five more chapters. nine at the most, but i doubt it.

-clary.