The Beginnings of the rest of our lives ❤ With the promised Teaser! ;p

Start from the beginning

“Those potatoes aren’t going anywhere.” His husky voice replaced the shiver with molten heat as I finally stopped fighting him, grabbing his face to move it away from my neck. When our lips connected in a heated kiss, neither of us noticed that the TV had been shut off and the man watching it had started into the kitchen.

“Hey, break it up, you two. I want to be able to hold down my dinner.” I jumped at the sound of Herc’s teasing voice. Raleigh was reluctant to let me go when I disconnected our lips and tried to push him away.

“Oh shut up.” I shot at Herc as I moved from my husband’s grip.

He let out a bark of a laugh when Raleigh’s palm was slapped firmly on one of my ass cheeks. I yelped, whirling around to yell at the culprit but he was quickly making his way from my reach and into the living room, laughing loudly.

“Need any help?” Herc asked when I huffed, turning back to the awaiting food and pulling out the serving bowls.

“Nah, I’m good. Thanks though.” I grunted, hulking the mashed potatoes into the large bowl with a serving spoon.

Herc moved to lean his back against the counter beside me, watching me closely as I moved to get everything together and to the dining room. When I reached for all the food, Herc quickly tucked himself in front of me, grabbing the bulk of the food, leaving me with the butter and silverware. With a sigh and a shake of my head, I followed his slow moving form as he balanced all the food to the table.

“Have you told him?” He asked as we started placing things on the table.

I looked over Herc’s shoulder, eyeing Rals to make sure he wasn’t listening in. In one hand was a beer and the other held the remote as he flipped through the channels, seeming fully absorbed.

“I was going to do it tonight.” I whispered to him as I was on the other side of the table, setting down the butter.

“I just wanted you here to do it.” I said, making the man go rigid for a split second before he looked up at me.

He had a slight smile on his face as his eyes were a little misty. Rising to his full height, he made a quick swipe of his eyes before his smile turned to a full-blown grin, making me smile right along with him.

“I remember when my wife told me the news about Chuck-.” Herc started but stopped when his voice broke slightly. I walked around the table as I wrapped an arm around his waist, squeezing him from one side.

“Hey-” I interjected, smiling still which brought back his own.

“Love you, Herc.” His arm went around my side as he planted a fatherly kiss on the top of my head. Reaching his arm up from my side, he ruffled my half pinned up hair roughly.

“Yea, love you too, brat.” Herc said, moving away from me quickly when I started swatting at him.

“Hey!” I yelped, trying to fix it the best I could.

This made Raleigh come into the dining room as well and both men laughed as I tried to pin it back in place. I finally gave up, leaving the long tresses hanging wherever they wanted. When my husband saw my bottom lip pop out and my arms cross, he came to my side, his grin wide as he wrapped his arms around me.

“You look gorgeous, babe.” His words immediately warmed every corner of my being, brightening my face in an instant.

Stepping on my tip toes, I gave him a peck on the cheek before moving to a chair at our small round table. Raleigh took the seat to my left and Herc was across from me. We each grabbed a different bowl as we dished out the food.