Prologue

Prologue

The lightning struck, so bright it light up the entire room. I was breathing hard through my nose now, for the tape covering my mouth kept me from being able to breath normally. I was so fearful to when he would be back. Back to torture me more. I was terrified, trying to glance around the room but the pain of the rope cutting into my flesh was not worth it.

My eyes were swollen from crying, and my throat hurt from trying to scream. Blood was oozing from my nose and my wrists. Sweat and tears stained on my face. I tried to turn again, and glance at what was going on more. Trying to find him.

That’s when I saw him.

My heart started beating hard. He grimiced, like he was excited. Like he was waiting his whole entire life just to do this to me.

"You know, Amoria," he said. "you were always a bright little girl. So gulliable, so easy to fool, to beat, to hate. You shouldn't have done what you did, though, Amoria. You should have let me get away with killing your mother. It's such a shame that I have to kill a beautiful young lady." he came close and whispered in my ear, "but, you deserve everything you get."

He held something sharp and shiny. A knife. It curved, looking almost like it was trying to smile at me. He lodged at me. I screamed a muffled scream at the pain that had just gone into my stomach.

I was going to die.