Chapter 2

The parade's tomorrow. So for now I just wait, imagining how my outfits going to look. I hope it's not a cheesy costume like the years before. We're luxury, so we should be shiny and beautiful.
Marvel walks in on me, causing me to jump. "God, you scared me!" he just laughs. "Well good luck in the arena, with the yells of children!" I shrug, "well that I can handle!" I laugh back. I mean, I won't enjoy it, but I have to pretend to. That's what the games are about.
"Well, what do you want?" I sit on the bed, me just looking in the mirror. He walks toward me, sitting on the bed next to me. I scoot back a bit, while trying not to back it noticeable. He still looks at me rudely. "Well..?" I repeat, getting him out of a ridiculous gaze..at me.
"Oh, um yeah." He takes something out of his pocket. A small, sliver screen. "The mentor got some clips of the other half of the careers, I..thought you'd want to see."
I grab it from him, waiting for the clip to start. It's from the reaping ceremony in D2. Ladies first, a volunteer. Brave I think well, braver than Marvel I correct myself. I try to get a good look at her.
Compared to her escort, short. Freckles flow over her face, her long brown hair in a ponytail. It goes down to her chest. She looks vicious, kinda cute. I smile. Boys next. A blond, tall, tough, strong boy. Reaped. Luckily nobody volunteers, he looks like a good ally. The female tribute, Clove, looks at him sadly. Were they friends? She hugs him, a few tears strolling down her face.
Their gonna make that a big deal in the Capital, I almost feel bad. "They're a cute couple." implies Marvel. They're together? That's okay..I mean, I don't even know them. As long as she's happy. I mean, they're happy together.
Maybe because she volunteered? I always really admire volunteers. Oh wait, Marvel volunteered. I sighed "How do you know they are together?" I ask him rudely.
"What?" He Says "Jealous-"
Yes I am
"-because you like him?"
Haha nope
"Because what's so special about him? I'm probably smarter, faster.."
He gabbles on but I continue to stare at Clove. Even her name is..wild.