chapter 21 - Becoming, Part 1

Start from the beginning

Angel smiled. "Sounds exciting."

"It is," Darla agreed. "And frightening."

"I'm not afraid," Angel told her. "Show me. Show me your world."

Darla closed her eyes. "Close your eyes."

Angel closed his eyes. The camera followed Darla's hand as she put it on his shoulder, and continued up to show her face vamped out. She smiled, letting out a low growl, opening wide as she leaned in to bite him. When Angel felt the pain, he opened his eyes wide, gasping, unable to keep steady, sinking to his knees. Darla let go of her bite, revealing his bloody neck, standing up straight, lifting her hand to her chest, drawing a sharp fingernail across the skin above her breasts, allowing blood to trickle out, grabbing him by the back of the neck, pulling him in to her bosom so that his lips fell directly onto the cut, forcing him to taste her blood. Angel put his arms around her, drinking.

Now

Day One

Sunnydale, California

Night - Cemetery

Buffy, Brooke, Zoey, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Wyatt were patrolling, fighting off a group of vampires. Bianca walked through carefully and quietly, in hiding, watching them fight.

Brady kicked a vampire, punching him in the face, flipping him to the ground.

Bianca watched, smiling a little in amusement.

Buffy kicked another. A vampire grabbed her from behind, trying to bite her.

Buffy grabbed his arms, leaning forward, flipping him over her head to the ground in front of them hard. "Nice try."

A vampire came at Brooke with a swing. Brooke used her red Guardian energy to block the move, punching him in the face, in the gut, and again in the face, grabbing him with her power to rip him apart.

When a vampire lunged toward Alice, she used her power to stop him and send him back a little ways, closing her fist to make him fall into dust with a blast of red energy.

Wyatt released a breath of magical energy onto a vampire to make him literally start to freeze into ice, slowly until he was covered in a thin layer of ice, making a fist and exploding it out to make the icicle of the vampire explode into ash/ice.

Zoey waved her arm in a circle in front of a vampire, using purple power to attack a vampire, distracting him, magically shooting a stake into his heart, dusting him.

Carmen levitated up to kick her vampire, spinning to punch him, telekinetically throwing him away into a headstone, making it break and him fall to the ground. The vampire stood to try to fight Carmen, but she froze him with her power, telekinetically throwing a branch into his heart and turn him to dust.

Buffy's vampire came at her again with a kick, but Buffy blocked it with her arm, backhand punched him in the face, jabbed him in the gut and grabbed his arm, twisting it up high and forcing him to his knees in pain.

Brady's vampire got back up and ran toward Brady, pushing him into the mausoleum behind him. Brady cleanly jammed his stake into his chest, making him crumble into ashes.

Bianca couldn't help but snicker.

Buffy punched the one she was still holding in the face, making him roll away.