He wasn't sure what to add to that and after a moment, she shooed him away. Not wanting to linger amid the awkward silence, Amia hurried from the room and got an apron from behind the bar. 

His shift didn't exactly go as planned, considering his mind was elsewhere due to madam Maria's words and he was fumbling with drinks and tripping himself over and over, but somehow, the patrons tipped him higher than he'd ever seen. It could have been that he never did actually spill a drink, managing to catch whatever he dropped before it could hit the ground, even while tripping, but he definitely didn't complain. 

By the time he finished his shift, his pockets were quite heavy. He couldn't keep the grin off his face as he returned his apron to the shelf behind the bar and hurried into the kitchen. 

The chef was cleaning up, considering it was getting close to closing and the bouncer responsible for clearing out the last few patrons and checking on the girls when Hollem wasn't available was already walking about, so Amia hurried to fish out two coins from his pocket and offer them up. 

"Could you please make me something?" 

He wasn't sure the guy would do it since he was just looking from him, to the coins, then back to him with narrowed eyes. Thankfully though, after a few awkward moments, he took the two items and shoved them into his pocket, then reached up for one of his drying frying pans. 

"What'll it be?" He asked in a tired tone. 

Not wanting to keep him waiting, Amia quickly replied. "Fried eggs and ham, please." 

The guy's hand froze as he reached for some butter, his head turning to look back at him with a raised eyebrow. 

"...did master Hollem send you down here to get supper?" He asked. 

Amia was surprised that the man knew what Hollem liked, but then he realized that he shouldn't be. 

"Yes, sir. He's been very tired recently and I'm just ending my shift." Amia said, not feeling a need to tell him that it was his idea to get the food. Or, well, madam Maria's, but it was his money paying for the cook to make it. 

The older man simply grunted and turned back to the stove. He was quite quick and knew exactly what he was doing, moving about the kitchen without any issue. Amia did his best to stay out of the way. 

His stomach was rumbling loudly from the smell by the time the food was done. It looked absolutely delicious, too, and there was definitely enough for him and Hollem to eat as much as they'd like. The moment it was all piled onto a plate and two forks were handed to him, he ran from the kitchen, yelling his thanks before he headed straight upstairs. 

Without bothering to knock, Amia pushed the door open and slid inside the room, then nudged it closed with his foot. He was just about to open his mouth and say something when he noticed that Hollem was asleep in their bed. 

The candle on the nightstand was still lit, though, so he must have drifted off and forgotten about it. 

Not the best idea. 

Walking over, he set the large plate down on the wooden surface, then stepped back to sit down on the edge of the bed. Hollem was deliciously without a shirt, but the different marks marring his skin didn't sit well with him. 

Licking his lips, Amia leaned down to press them against the faint bruises. Each one got a kiss, but right before he could press his mouth to the last one just above Hollem's abdomen, his head was gently lifted and guided upward. When his lips met Hollem's, he didn't hesitate to kiss him back. He was hungry for the food he'd brought, but he was also starving for the man lying before him. 

They quickly removed each other's remaining clothing as Amia positioned himself above Hollem. The man was ready the moment his undergarments came off, so Amia gladly sank down onto him with a content sigh. He knew that Hollem was exhausted, so he decided to do all of the work for him and just watched eagerly as the man's face quickly showed how pleased he was as his head tilted back and he moaned loudly. 

There was no time wasted in the exchange, and soon enough, both of them were absolutely spent. Hollem ended up pushing himself back to sit against the wall the bed was tucked against, then pulling Amia into his naked lap. The simple skin on skin contact had A stirring between his legs again already, but when Hollem carefully pulled the little nightstand next to the bed and offered Amia a fork, he smiled and, after stealing one final kiss, accepted the utensil and began eating. 

They remained comfortably silent as they ate. It was a bit awkward for Hollem to eat since he had to use his left hand with him in his lap, but Amia was quite happy that he was allowed to stay cuddled against him as they enjoyed their meal. 

"Get some rest, Amia." 

Blinking open his eyes, Amia realized that he'd fallen asleep against Hollem at some point. He tried to sit up, but his body refused to listen. He was also tucked into their bed, so instead, he did his best to blink the sleep from his blurry vision in order to see what Hollem was doing. 

He found him standing by the window, fastening the little curtain up to block out the morning sun. 

"You aren't leaving already, are you?" He asked, his voice rough with sleep. 

Hollem smiled and shook his head, then leaned over and blew out the dwindling candle before climbing into bed and scooting under the blankets so that he could pull Amia into his arms. 

"Leave early and give up on sleep?" He said against Amia's ear before nibbling it a little. 

Amia gave out a quiet audible sigh as he snuggled in closer, then chuckled a bit. 

"My bad, you would never get up early if you could sleep more."

He heard Hollem give a faint sound of agreement, then silence took over. Pretty soon, he could hear Hollem's breathing even out and the soft brush of his breath as it ghosted over his hair in even increments.

Right before he drifted off, himself, Amia remembered what madam Maria had told him. His mind started going off in all different directions concerning how he could possibly love Hollem, but he quickly put a stop to the thoughts and made himself focus by counting each breath the man took. He fell asleep not too long afterward, his own breathing matching Hollem's nearly perfectly.