chapter 12

Start from the beginning

"Nothing we make together would ever be a curse." He replied.  "You're not angry for me asking?"

"No, I could tell you were thinking about it."  You smiled warmly.  "Besides, we're not even married!  Isn't that a sin for you?"

"You've been mine from the start.  Marriage would be a formality for an already acknowledged truth." He replied confidently.  

"What truth is that?" You kissed you way down his jaw.

"That we are soulmates.  That we complete each other."

He tugged you forward so he could kiss you sweetly which quickly became heated.

"It's not a no Joseph.  Just let me think about it ok?"

"Of course my love."

"We can always keep practicing right?" You chuckled.

" Definitely."

Joseph

Joseph could not deny the idea of creating new life had begun to become an obsession.  There was always the idea within the Project about procreation and he had imagined taking a wife but more because it was a duty.  There had been none who had challenged and supported him in the way you had.  Yet since finding you he thought of it less as duty but desire.

Some nights while you were asleep he watched you and imagined the family you would have.  A faceless boy or girl who called him Father and who looked at him with the adoration he once held for his.  He imagined you round with his child and glowing as he cared for you both.  He would never be the man his Father was.

"Daydreaming again?" You teased sitting on his lap still.

"Sorry." He replied.

"Perhaps I should distract you?"

"Distract me?  You have my full attention."

"Good," you replied with a cheeky smile "Then perhaps you can help me with something in the bedroom?"

He smirked as you climbed off him and left the room.  At the doorway you removed your shirt revealing your bare form underneath before walking away.  You always called him the tease but you were naughty in your own way.  A flirtatious glance here, a soft touch there even your smile teased him.

He followed you and found you waiting for him reclined like a goddess on your shared bed.  You beckoned him over and he followed like a puppy ready for his treat.

The Deputy - 6 months later.

"Hey Deputy! We got our first bunker born baby!"  Called Kim over the radio.  "My little girl is gonna have herself a new friend."

"Let's cut the shit.  Boy or Girl?"

"What the fuck?  It's a joyous occasion."

"Oh...yay?  A baby!" You responded with false cheer.  "Look I've had a bet with Joseph for 6 months and since she went into Labour it has been intense!"

"What the fuck you two?"

"She started it, I joined in so she'd stop asking.". Added Joseph.

"Just.  What the fuck? You're as bad as Nick.  I had to confiscate his winnings from the betting pool he had.  What was the bet?"

"That is personal.  Just fucking tell us!" You snapped.

"Fucking Christ!  Oops, sorry Joseph.  It's a boy!"