17. That doesn't explain the problem

Start from the beginning

  “Ok,” I say understanding what she’s explaining. I could have eaten these the whole time instead of starving. Or die trying. I fill up the bag with fruit and hang it on my shoulder. “Can I just ask one thing before I go?”

  “Sure,” she says patiently.

  “Why did my Dad leave? What made him start this whole mess?”

  “It was just a mistake,” Lila tells me sadly. “We visited Earth and he fell in love with that planet. We spent a few months exploring it. He kept delaying our return to Paxia and in the end he gave in to my pleading. It’s just that he didn’t follow me back here. He tricked me and just sent me home.”

  “I’m sorry,” I try comforting her. “We’re you close?”

  “Yes, we have a son,” she reveals to me and I take a step back in surprise. “His name is Heal. Your father chose to walk out on us. Earth was too tempting for him.”

  “He’s such a traitor,” I hiss with anger. “Doesn’t it feel weird to meet me?”

  “No,” she says warmly. “I always wanted a daughter. That’s you. I’m taking you from him so he knows how it feels to be abandoned.”

  She grabs my arm gently and I feel the web grabbing us in a tight grip. We’re teleporting through it and it’s just as thrilling as the first time I tried it with Lex. I feel stunned of envy by the way she’s taking us through the threads. I hope I become an expert like her one day.

  We land inside a well lit up cave. The stone walls are black and it’s a comfortable temperature in here. The smell is quite damp and a bit unpleasant. It looks like we are outside an entrance that goes deeper into the cave. I’ve never been to a place like this so it feels a bit exciting.

  “Don’t worry, I’m not kidnapping you,” Lila giggles.

  “I’m not worried,” I tell her honestly. “I want to stay in Paxia.”

  “I hope you won’t be against a small trip back to Earth?”

  “I’ll do whatever it takes to fix the problem,” I answer her tiredly and follow her through the entrance into a round hallway with two doors.

  It looks like an apartment minus the windows. It smells a lot fresher in here to my relief. It would be hard to live in here if it smelled like a cave. This must be where Paxia two resides. Lila escorts me through one of the doors and we end up in what I think is a kitchen. It doesn’t look too different from kitchens at Earth.

  The fridge has a door made of glass so I can see everything inside of it. I walk closer and study their way of packaging the food. Everything is put into boxes. I’m licking my lips at the sight and tear my eyes away to explore the stove. It must be the stove. It’s made of some kind of light blue metal and the side up is made completely out of glass. There’s nowhere to turn the stove on and I scratch my head a bit confused.

  “I’ll cook us something,” Lila says and aims for the fridge.

  The cold air from it hits me when she opens the door and she sings quietly to herself while she’s preparing our dinner. I take a seat on the dark pink glass chair. It’s a bar table and everything looks so stylish and pretty. Not to mention how clean it is. I’m afraid to touch anything. The whole kitchen is free from personal belongings and small items. It’s just glass furniture and kitchen appliances.

  “We don’t have anything to eat that’s exactly like the edible things at Earth,” Lila rambles on. “I hope you’ll like the food on Paxia though.”

  “Where are we?” I wonder changing the subject.

  “Still on the Wica Island,” she says and chops the ingredients down like an expert. “This is the power facility to everything on Paxia. Paxia two lives here so this is her home.”