Chapter 21: Can't Concentrate

Comenzar desde el principio

He doesn't like being called cute.

So instead, I pick up my plate of French Toast and resume eating. "So, I have a favor to ask you..." I begin.

"Hm?"

"My friend, Kyler, wants to meet you today. We could go grab lunch together?"

"A guy friend...?" There's a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Yes, a guy friend."

"Are you close?"

"Yeah, we're best friends."

"Oh. Have you... slept together...?"

"We've slept next to each other."

Jaxon's eyes widen. "What?"

"If you mean, have we had sex, no, we haven't."

"How could you sleep next to each other without having sex?"

"He's gay, Jaxon."

"Oh."

"So, what do you say? He really wants to meet you."

Jaxon kisses my cheek. "Okay."

"Really?"

"Yeah, that's no problem."

"Great, I'll tell him. We'll meet up for lunch."

"Sounds good." He grabs my hand. "So... I was thinking I could teach you some more self defense today. How about after breakfast?"

"Okay."

Without warning, he leans in and kisses a smudge of whip cream off my mouth and it arrests every nerve in my body.

How long has that been there?

He smirks at my expression and licks his lips. "Mm. Tastes even better off your lips," he winks playfully. "I'll be in the gym, doing my work out. Come down whenever you're ready, okay?"

All I can manage is a nod and he winks again before standing up to leave.

Holy crap.

When I've finished Jaxon's sweet, apology breakfast, I suit up for my self defense lesson. I slip into some hot pink, athletic shorts and a black sports bra. I throw my hair up into a high ponytail, lace up my grey and pink shoes that match Jaxon's and head downstairs to the gym.

This time, when I reach the threshold, Jaxon's doing push-ups and I openly admire the strain of his biceps, triceps and forearms from the door as he goes up and down.

Up and down.

Up and down.

He's wearing a baggy, black tank top that reveals every beautiful inch of his flawlessly molded arms and black basketball shorts that show off his firm calves. His ebony hair is laced with sweat and dangling in his face and his lips are puckered to blow out air with each rep.

Mmm... He looks hot...

His head turns in my direction, suspending my wayward thoughts. With sexy agility, he pushes off the ground and jumps to his feet. Those ebony eyes of his mischievously invade my body as he approaches me. "Oh Charlotte, you look so sexy..." Slithering his hands onto my hips, he rests them on my skin and tugs me closer. He leans his face into my neck and invades my skin with a sultry kiss. I grip onto the sides of his tank top for support. "Let's get started before I change my mind and make love to you on the gym floor..." he breathes against my skin.