Chapter 5~ butterflies

Start from the beginning

I took a picture of my shoulder and part of my hair and replied with 'sorry, I need sleep x'

I put my phone on my bedside table and sighed. My brain and inner thoughts were completely messing me up today and I was not down for dealing with it anymore. A few minutes passed and I started to hear raindrops splattering on my bedroom window. November weather. I thought to myself.

I rolled on to my side and stared at the wall for a few more minutes. However, the sound of someone knocking on our front door caught my attention.

Who could be knocking at 10:30 at night?

I got up and left my room to see Ryan was doing the same.

"Who's at the door?" He asked me, stopping in the corridor when he saw me.

"Does it look like I've opened it yet?" I asked him sarcastically. He rolled his eyes. I made my way downstairs and he followed behind.

"It doesn't take two to answer the door" I told him.

"Hey, I'm tryna he a good brother here. It could be a serial killer at the door and what are you gonna do if you're alone?" He challenged me. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

There stood the familiar tanned, brunette boy I was developing feelings for.

He was in the same clothes as earlier, meaning he had no clothes on and was standing out in the rain.

"Emery?! What are you doing here?" I asked the boy.

"I, I wanted to see if you were okay...you weren't yourself earlier" he told me nervously. I sighed a little.

"Come inside, you'll get sick" I told him gesturing to the rain as I opened the door wider for him.

"I'll leave you to it" Ryan spoke awkwardly before running upstairs.

I closed the door and lead emery up to my room. I closed the door behind us and sat on my bed whilst he awkwardly stood.

"I know you wanted to sleep and if you still want to I can go I just really w-"

"Stay. It's fine Emery" I told him gently. He half smiled at me and put his hands in his pockets. I crossed my legs on my bed and patted the spot beside me for him to sit down.

"So is everything okay?" He asked me once he had sat.

I nodded.

"Yeah. I just got really tired and with having school in the morning I figured it would be best to come home when Laura and Jason did" I lied to him. He nodded.

"We leave on Saturday" he said sadly.

My heart dropped at those words. That was like reality had sunken in a little. He wasn't here to stay, he was only here temporarily. I had let myself fall for a boy whom 1) I've know for 4 days and 2) is hardly ever going to be around anyways.

I'm not down for getting a broken heart again.

"Oh. Where to?" I asked him.

"Virginia, we got two shows out there" he said. I nodded.

"That's pretty far out" I responded. He nodded.

"Yeah. But it's totally worth it" he told me.

"You're pretty passionate about it all huh?" I realised. He nodded.

"Yeah, it's been my dream ever since I was young" he told me. I smiled a little and he looked over at me.

"What about you? What's your dream?" He asked.

"My dream?" I asked in which he nodded in response. I shrugged.

"I don't know" I lied.

"Oh come on, sure you do!" He encouraged me.

"I like to dance and sing a little but that's all really" I told him.

"You're a dancer and a singer?! How am I only just finding out about this?!" He asked in shock. I shrugged again.

"I don't talk about it much" I told him. He narrowed his eyes at me in a playful way.

"Well, I'm gonna have to see you do both one day" he told me. I scoffed.

"Never going to happen" I laughed.

"What why not?!" He asked. I shook my head.

"One think I lack is confidence" I told him.

"We can work on that" he told me with a nod.

"Oh we can can we?" I challenged him.

"Yeah, I promise" he said and held up his pinky finger. I hesitated for a moment but eventually locked my pinky with his anyways. He smiled at me whilst I felt my heart skip a beat and the butterflies in my stomach flutter.

"I should get back. Wouldn't want your mom hating me" he laughed a little and stood up.

"Um yeah" I chuckled and stood up too. We walked downstairs and I opened the door for him.

"Have fun in the rain" I teased him.

"Eh, it was a worth it trip" he smiled down at me. I blushed and looked at the ground for a moment but felt his arms wrap around my body and pull me in for a hug. I hugged him back and after a few seconds we pulled away.

"Goodnight Em" I told him as he stepped out of the door.

"Goodnight Cindy" he smiled before I closed the door.

Resting my back against the now shut door, I couldn't help but smile to myself whilst the butterflies continued to erupt.