"Then pick yellow," he groaned. "I don't care!"

I smirked, throwing the yellow shirt back into my closet, and putting on the red one. I was planning on wearing the red one to begin with, but it's a hobby to mess with Cole. And I'm very good at it.

"Are you coming with me today?" I asked him, doing a quick once-over in the mirror. I had straightened my long, dark brown hair, so that it fell loose down my back. I had also put on a bit of mascara, and a dark lipstick. I didn't usually look this good – you could easily tell how hard I was trying to make a good impression at this school.

Cole jumped off my bed, not making much of a sound. That was the annoying part about Cole – sometimes, you couldn't tell he was there, because he was so quiet. I've been beginning to sense him now, though, so it's easier for me to be sure.

"I'll come," he decided, stretching his arms out. "But only because there's nothing better to do. Your life seems to be more exciting than most things, anyway."

"Ha-ha," I grumbled, throwing my backpack over my shoulder. "Then come on, I don't want to be late. Sierra is giving me a ride to school today."

Cole's face grew pained when I mentioned Sierra. See, Sierra is my older sister, and it seems as though – subconsciously – she's always getting on Cole's nerves. So, he tries his best to return the favor. He steals her stuff, sits on her lap during meals, wreaks havoc in her bedroom... just about anything to annoy her, even if she doesn't know he's doing it. It's usually funny to watch, although she always ends up putting the blame on me, her mentally insufficient sister . Not that I mind. The prank itself is almost always better then the punishment I get.

"She's not switching schools like you, is she?" he asked, following me as I made my way downstairs, and out the front door.

I shook my head. "Of course not, Sierra is almost jumping for joy at the fact that I won't be attending the same high school as her anymore. There isn't a chance she would switch, too."

"Well, I certainly won't miss her." He replied.

"Me neither," I agreed, walking down the driveway towards Sierra's car. She owns this cute, bright red little Bug, one that I hardly ever get to drive in. She got it last year for her birthday, and goes into this possessive rage every time I even mention using it.

I got into the backseat, making sure to leave the door open longer then necessary so that Cole could get in too. For some reason, he never liked walking through things, though I figured it was because he wanted to act as human as possible. That's a lot of the reason why the dead tend to stick around. Especially Cole, who feels as though his life was cut short. Once he finally sat down, I slammed the door shut and snapped on my seat belt.

"Do you know where the school is?" I asked Sierra quietly. Whenever I was around her, I tried to act as normal as I could, even though I didn't like doing so.

She rolled her eyes, but nodded.

I can't help but remember the times when Sierra treated me like an actual sister. We used to do everything together – we were almost like twins. That was, until last year, when I was told that I'm not normal. Sierra suddenly wanted nothing to do with me. She stopped talking to me all together for a while, too, which broke my heart at the time. I'm seventeen now, and Sierra is eighteen, but she still hates me. We talk only when necessary, or whenever Sierra feels like yelling at me. I'm almost over it now, but that doesn't mean that I don't wish things were back to the way they used to be.

"Get out here," she ordered, stopping by the curb. I was still quite a distance away from the entrance, so I gave her a confused expression as I stepped out of the car.

Stop and Stareजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें