chapter 15 - Phases

Start from the beginning

Outside

The girls were walking along the colonnade.

"Nowhere," Zoey answered. "I mean, he said he was gonna wait until I was ready, but I'm ready. Honest. I'm good to go here."

"Well, I think it's nice that he's not just being an animal," Brooke told her.

"That is nice," Buffy agreed. "It's great. And he and Zo have a lot of fun. It's certainly a lot different than most of our relationships."

"But you want smoochies?" Willow asked.

"Maybe not in those exact words, but that pretty much sums it up," Zoey answered. "You know, my puppy Snowy kisses me more than he does."

"Ooh, little angel puppy Snowy," Carmen told them.

Alice smiled. "Have you dropped any hints?"

"Ah, he'll come around," Zoey told them. "Not worried about it."

"I mean, why should you be worried about it?" Carmen asked. "What guy could resist your daring Zoey charms?"

They sat down on a bench.

Alice sighed. "Zoey, Carmen, how are you holding up?"

"I'm holding," Carmen answered. "I was going on two minutes there without thinking about Angel."

"I'm trying not to think about my great uncle, but I think I'm doing better," Zoey answered.

Brooke tried to be cheerful. "Well, there you go."

"But I would do a lot better if you guys, Wyatt, Xander, Eric and Brady could do that 'sharing our misery' thing tonight," Carmen admitted.

"That should be easy enough for me, Wyatt, Alice and Brady," Brooke told them. "I mean, Spike still has his guys out to try to kill me. To make Wyatt lose it. But since Spike's in a wheelchair, it's easier to stay safe."

"And the thing with Brady, Bianca and I," Alice agreed. "Not getting any easier. But at least it's been quiet as of late."

"Still," Buffy told them. "We all have a lot of misery to share."

"All we gotta do is call the boys," Carmen agreed. "Not just Brady, Eric and Wyatt, but Xander too."

"Well, Eric and I would love to go," Buffy told them. "I'm sure Brady and Wyatt would too. What about Xander?"

"Great," Willow told them. "You guys talk to Brady, Eric and Wyatt. I'll give Xander a call. What's his number? Oh, yeah, 1-800-I'm-Dating-A-Skanky-Ho."

Willow rolled her eyes.

The other girls were both surprised, on the verge of laughing. "Meow!"

Willow smiled. "Really? Thanks. I've never gotten a 'meow' before."

"Well-deserved," Alice told her.

"Darn tooting," Willow told them. "I'm just saying Xander and Cordelia? I mean, what does he see in her anyway?"

Night - Cordelia's Car

Xander and Cordelia were making out in the car.

Xander suddenly stopped. "But what about the others?"