Chapter One

"Hello?" I say in a groggy voice as I pick up my phone.

I just about have a heart attack when my best friend Bailey screams over the other line, "GET OVER HERE NOW."

"Bailey. What are you talking about? It's three o'clock in the morning." I whisper, kind of annoyed by the fact she woke me up in the middle of the night, "Plus, my mom will never let me."

"Well I have to tell you something! It's super important!" She yells at me again.

"Okay, okay. Two things. Number one, stop screaming. Number two, just come over here, oh, and make it quick please." I roll my eyes. I haven't gotten sleep in weeks, and tonight I was finally getting some, but something just had to interrupt me.

"Eeeek!" She screams, yet again. And hangs up. I sigh, and flop back down on my bed.

About 50 minutes later, she gets here and finally gets settled down enough to talk to me.

"Okay. So I would have told you this earlier, buuut my phone was dead. Basically my mom told me today that Nash and Hayes Grier are my cousins!!!" Bailey just about starts to scream/squeal again but I put my hand over her mouth.

"Seriously? Why couldn't have you waited until maybe a little later in the morning to tell me this?" I shake my head at her.

"Because Nash and Hayes both want to meet me! Plus they said I could bring a friend and we could go to Magcon for free!!" Bailey looks so excited, and I feel bad for being rude.

"Look. You know I have no interest in meeting these boys, so why don't you go and ask one of your friends who love magcon too?" I try to say as softly as possible.

"You're my best friend, Allie! It's free, so please, please, please, can you come along?! How bad can it be, really?" Her attempts to convince me aren't really working, but I'm tired.

"Fine. Now goodnight." I flip off the light and snuggle underneath the covers.

This could be interesting.

••••••••••••

"Absolutely not." My mom says to me the next morning. I figured that would be the answer anyways.

"Excuse me, Ms. Morgan?" Bailey chimes in, "I just wanted to let you know that the Grier's offered to pay for our flights out to Orlando, and the hotel room."

"No, my answer is still no. I don't even know these people, plus two teenage girls all by theirselves? Nuh uh, not happening. May I talk to Allie alone for a moment?" Bailey nods her head and leaves the room. "I thought you didn't even like these guys anyways sweetheart."

"I don't, really. But the more that I think about it, the more I kinda wanna go. You always tell me you want me to get out more, plus everything is free. Also, Bailey reallllly wants me to go. So please? I promise I'll be on my best behaviour." I plead.

"Sorry to intrude, but if we're going, our flight leaves in an hour!" Bail pokes her head around the corner and points at her watch.

I look at mom with expectant eyes, "Well, you better get packing." She smiles at me. I run over and hug her, saying thank you a thousand times over, "But I swear to god if I hear about anything bad going on with you two, you are coming straight home.

Do you understand me?" We both nod our heads frantically and I run to my room to pack.

•••3 hours later•••

We are currently on our flight to Orlando. It's about a three hour ride, and I'm getting antsy. My mom has never trusted me this much, so I'm kind of nervous. There's just less than an hour left on our flight.

••••

After what felt like 24 hours, we finally arrive at our destination. Once we finish grabbing our luggage, we wander around, trying to figure out where to go. That's when we see a little blonde girl, standing next to what I'm assuming is her mom, holding a sign that says "Allie and Bailey." I point it out to Bail and we head in that direction.

Bailey looks really nervous, so I approach first.

"Hello, I'm Allie, and this is Bailey," I jerk a thumb towards her, "You must be Mrs. Grier?" I hold out my hand, and she shakes it politely.

"Nice to meet you, and this is Skylynn. She gestures to the little girl, and I give her a goofy smile.

"Oh and call me Elizabeth." She says. "Shall we go to the hotel?"