chapter 13 - Surprise

Start from the beginning

Day Two

Morning - Angel's Apartment

Angel, shirtless, heard a knock on the door, walking toward it. "Hold on." He answered the door, seeing Carmen outside. "Hey. Is everything okay?"

Carmen walked in. "Yeah." Angel swung the door partially closed, walking over to grab a shirt. "You don't have to put that on for the account of me." Angel chuckled in amusement. They held each other as they kissed passionately. "I'm sorry. Were we talking?" Angel leaned to kiss her again, as they continued to hold each other, pulling away. "I'm sorry, I have to go to school."

Carmen turned, quickly walking toward the door.

Angel followed. "I know."

Angel took her arm, turning her around, kissing her again passionately, taking hold of each other again, pulling away, leaning their heads together.

Carmen left her eyes closed, smiling slightly. "Oh, God, you feel..."

Angel guided the way to door, amused, smiling slightly. "You have to go to school."

Carmen nodded. "Right, I know. This is me." She backed into, closing the door. "I'm going."

They kissed one last time, pulling away, looking at each other, smiling.

"I considered what you asked," Angel told her. "About going to Zoey's birthday party. As your date. And yes. I will go with you."

Carmen smiled. "Thank you. This is nice. I like seeing you first thing in the morning."

"It's bedtime for me," Angel replied.

Carmen chuckled. "Well, then I like seeing you at bedtime. Um, you know what I mean."

Angel was amused, confused, nodding. "I think so. What do you mean?"

"I like seeing you," Carmen answered. "The part at the end of the night where we say goodbye is getting harder."

Angel nodded in agreement. "Yeah. It is."

Sunnydale High School - Outside

The girls were walking together.

"I like you at bedtime?" Buffy asked. "You actually said that?"

Brooke laughed. "And Brady and Alice finally kissed again. Alice, are you two actually together now?"

Alice shrugged sheepishly. "We'll have to see."

The girls smiled.

"Man," Willow told them. "That's like... I don't know. That's moxie. Or something."

Buffy gave Alice and Carmen a teasing look. "Totally unplanned. Right? The kiss. The phrase. The kiss just happened. The phrase just came out."

Brooke smiled. "Alice, I'm glad you and Brady are trying to see the good side of Bianca. I mean, she wasn't always like that. Everything with her sickness? Ford's influence. Turning into a vampire. It really did a number on her."

"Yeah, and Brady and Alice are willing to defy crazy Bianca to be together?" Willow asked. "That is so romantic."

"Carmen?" Zoey asked. "Angel was into what you said? I mean, he wants to see you at bedtime, too? I think he would want to. You said that he was cool about what you said."