chapter 13 - Surprise

Start from the beginning

Day One

Morning - Francis House - Zoey's Room

Zoey woke up from the nightmare with a start, quickly sitting up, surprised and confused, touching her chest to feel that she wasn't wearing her necklace, looking around until she found it sitting on her nightstand, realizing that it really could have been a gypsy psychic dream, in shock.

 Slayers and Guardians ∞

Summers House - Brady's Room

Brady sitting on his bed, hearing something outside, standing, walking closer, seeing Alice using her red energy to fly up to the roof, smiling, opening the window. "Hey, there, Alice."

Alice let the energy fade, climbing in through the window, sitting next to him. "Hey, you three still grounded by your mom?"

Alice smirked.

"You can make it a little less obvious that you're enjoying it," Brady told her.

Alice smiled. "Why would I do that? You and your sisters are a main part of everyone's enjoyment, Brady. In the best way possible."

Brady smirked in amusement. "Well, I'm glad I could be here for your entertainment." They smiled, looking at each other. "Why'd you come by?"

"I wanted to make sure you were okay after the run in with the Gorch brothers, who almost killed you," Alice answered.

"I'm fine," Brady answered. "I'm not the one that was pulled into the mama pink pool and nearly eaten alive. I know Brooke, Zoey, Carmen and Wyatt are okay, but are you?"

"Yeah," Alice answered.

"Let me guess," Brady told her. "You also came by to make sure that Bianca wasn't lurking around my house."

"I've seen her lurking around it before," Alice admitted. "I just wanna make sure that she's not around in case she tries to trick your mom into inviting her in. Since your mom knows and likes Bianca."

"Yeah," Brady agreed. "I worry about Bianca tricking my mom into inviting her in every time I leave the house at night. Buffy, Brooke and I keep trying to find a way to tell our mom the truth about us so she can know not to invite Bianca in, but we don't know how to, and even if we did, our mom would react very badly."

"I get it," Alice told him sadly. "And I'm sorry about everything happening to you and your family, or what could happen, because of Bianca."

"Well, it's not your fault," Brady told her. "And Bianca's not gonna hurt me. Not really, anyway. She's already proved that, but she does want to kill you."

"Well, that's not your fault either," Alice replied. "It's not even Bianca's actually, because she was sick before all of this happened and it turned her insane. No one can really be blamed by it except for sickness."

"Yeah, but you know what?" Brady asked. "I can't keep being afraid of what Bianca will do. I can't let her stop me from living my life. And being with who I want to be with."

Alice already knew what he was going to say and do, smiling slightly. "And what are you going to do about it?"

They looked at each other for a long moment. Alice bit her lip slightly. Brady placed a hand on her cheek, looking at her questioningly. Alice nodded slightly. They kissed slowly and gently at first, then deeply and passionately, continuing to kiss endlessly.