Chapter 2~ awkward encounter

Start from the beginning

Ricky and Liam were together, Emery and macy were together.

I sighed as I walked through the mall on my own and made my way into forever 21. I took my time to look around the shop and I ended up buying a couple of crop tops I liked.

After a while, I walked out of the shop and started heading towards Topshop. On my way there I saw Emery and Macy in River Island, laughing together.

I don't know what it was but I felt that feeling in my stomach again that I felt last night when I saw the two of them together.

I stepped back once I snapped myself out of my thoughts but bumped into someone instead.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I panicked and turned around.

"Oh, Cindy, hi! How are you?" The familiar woman asked.

"Mrs Gutierrez...um hi I'm fine thank you, how are you?" I asked her awkwardly.

"Yeah I'm good thank you, Froy gets to come home for a couple of weeks soon. The dates haven't yet been confirmed by his manager but it's definitely happening" she said excitedly. I felt my heart drop to my stomach but I hid the feeling with a fake smile on my face.

"Oh that's great! It'll be good for Henry and Katie to see him again as well, he's been gone for a while now hasn't he?" I told her. She nodded.

"Yeah, 9 months. It's crazy, but he's doing well for himself so I'm very proud. And yeah the kids can't wait to see their big brother again" she grinned.

Mrs gutierrez was the mother to my ex boyfriend and they literally live in the house opposite me, meaning he lived a couple of doors down from Macy. Froy and I broke up almost 10 months ago when he decided to move to LA to pursue his career in acting and making music. We dated for 11 months. He is the same age as Ryan meaning his two years older than me but it didn't matter because our moms were such good friends for so many years.

"Cindy we're gonna go grab some lunch at the food court" Ricky's voice rang through my ears as he approached me.

"Oh, hi mrs gutierrez. How are you?" He asked the lady he must remember from his childhood.

"Oh my goodness Ricky! I'm doing wonderful, how are you? You've grown up so much!" She cooed to familiar boy.

He grinned at her.

"I'm great thanks" he nodded.

"Well, it was really good to see you again Mrs Gutierrez but we better get going" I awkwardly told the woman.

"Oh of course. It was great seeing you. You kids take care of yourselves" she told the two of us before waving goodbye and walking away. I let out a breath and looked at Ricky.

"I don't think I've seen anyone in a more awkward situation" he laughed at me. I rolled my eyes and walked with Ricky to the food court.

We found the other three in McDonald's and sat at the table with them. I sat beside macy and Ricky sat on the other side of me whilst Emery and Liam were opposite.

"We ordered your favourites" macy said as she pushed our food in front of us.

"Thanks" we both said at the same time.

"It's okay. Where were you guys anyways?" She asked curiously.

"I ran into mrs gutierrez" I told her.

"Woah shit really?" She asked me. I nodded.

"She said froy's meant to be coming back to visit soon. She doesn't know a date yet but it's definitely happening soon" I explained.

"Who's Froy?" Emery asked curiously.

Ricky, macy and I glanced at each other awkwardly before I spoke up.

"He's umm, he's my ex boyfriend" I told him. His mouth formed an o shape and he remained silent as he continued to eat his food.

"What are you going to do?" Macy asked me. I shrugged.

"Pretend he's not even gonna be home, all I have to do is avoid him which should be pretty easy if I'm gonna be at school" I told her realistically.

"True" she agreed.