Rage, to love, to rage again

Dedicated to LEPalphreyman!!!

"Medusa? My darling where are you?" Tears were streaming down my face as he walked around, waving his arms around to feel for objects, only to come empty-handed.

"Shhh!!! Not a single word." The Cupid hisses.

My hands were tied roughly to my back, my snake hair wrapped in a tight cloth that kept my pets in a daze.

I writh within the grasp of the Cupids as they drag me away from Willice, letting me silently crying from the silk that muffled my voice.

"Medusa, please. I feel something bad has happened. Say something." His blue eyes were wide, trying to see what was happening. "Give me any sign, please. Where are you my love?"

But there was nothing I could do, as they pointed an Ardor arrow at Willice, threatening to shoot him if I don't come willingly.

So I let them take me away, my heart chipping every foot we passed, replacing itself with the stone cold I felt before I met my love.

"Take her out, it'll be easier to bring her." Before my muddled brain can register their words, my snakes suddenly hiss in alarm, right as the Ardor pierces my shoulder, pain spreading into me.

And then I sink into a dark cold world.

When I opened my eyes, they immediately trailed to the white glossy floor, the sudden burn on my skin telling me that I'm surrounded by mirrors.

I look at my skin as it turns white from the reflection of the mirrors. I command my snakes to shut their eyes, and to sleep, letting me embark in my own tearful misery.

My own translucent eyes shut, the only thing open, my mind, registering the last image of Willice, my love.

I thought of his soft hands, running through my snake hair, ignoring the fact that I used to be a monster- no, that I am a monster.

I thought of his calm smile, whispering soothing words in my ears as he let me pour out all the horrid things I've done. All the life that was hardened to stone because of me.

I thought of the only words he told me after I spoke about the violence I did:

All we can do is keep breathing, so as we breath, make each breath worth it.

I repeated those words in my head, ignoring the burns that itch my skin, ignoring the tears that streamed down my face.

All we can do is keep breathing,so as we breath, make each breath worth it...

"Medusa?" A soft voice said.

Immediately my snakes awoke, avoiding the glass and hissing at the figure that stood next to me.

I knew that voice anywhere, "Have you come for me, Pandora?" I ask hoarsely.

"Yes friend, come with me. Take my hand." With my eyes closed, I do, letting her lead me out of Venus' torture system.

"Now open."

I had to squint my eyes from the sudden light. Had the matchmaking service changed its interior in such a quick amount of time.

And then suddenly a pang of horror settles in my stomach, "Pandora, what time is it?"

She speaks sadly, careful not to look at me in the eyes, "the twenty first century, my dear."

That can't be possible. It was the fourth century when I left Willice waiting.

"It's been more than twenty thousand years, my friend. Willice is gone." I let my snakes hiss in anguish, but my eyes are too dried out for anymore tears.
It's stone hard.

"Where is Venus." I ask. My voice has never been so cold.

"We'll defeat her, with the help of more of our past friends. We will put her to an end. Come."

Stone. My snakes hissed.

I couldn't control my addiction as the two of us ran through the corridors, more and more creatures joining us to seek revenge.

Any Cupid that tried to stop us froze in cold stone. They couldn't die, but they'd make great furniture. Just like the old days.

The Minotaur was next to me, laughing at all the stone we passed, at all the deaths caused by my hands.

But it was not enough.

Willice's is worth more than these scrawny Cupid's, worth more than Venus herself.

More stone.

So as we opened the double doors, the only thing that kept me away from Venus, I smiled coldly.

I may have loved once, but I was always angry. I was always enraged.
So as I saw the red haired figure staring coldly at a human, I thought of only one thing:

I was rage, then love, then rage again. And from now on, I shall stay as rage.

So? What did you think of my first short story? This is dedicated to LEPalphreyman, and is inspired by Cupid's Match.

I hope you all enjoyed reading this book, because I feel pretty excited! I have written over 75 stories, but none of them have been completed, so completed Torn From Love is a pretty good accomplishment to me. 

Thank you guys and don't forget to vote or give feedback! Everything is welcome!