They heard Joyce from the kitchen. "No!"

Kitchen

The Summers siblings ran in. "Mom!"

They caught their mother locked in an embrace with and kissing a man named Ted. They broke off their kiss, and all of them stared awkwardly at each other.

Buffy looked away. "Oh, my... I'm sorry. We--we heard..."

"Uh, I broke a wine glass," Joyce explained. "You're home early."

"Hi," Ted told them.

Brady looked at him suspiciously. "Hi."

Joyce looked at Ted. "Oh, uh, these are my kids, Buffy, Brooke and Brady. Buffy, Brooke, Brady, this is Ted."

Buffy, Brooke and Brady just stared at Ted, unsure of how to react.

 Slayers and Guardians ∞

Summers House - Hallway

The Summers were talking in the hallway.

"So, all these late nights at the gallery recently, we gather you were cataloging more than art, Mom," Brady told her.

Joyce blushed sheepishly. "Well, I--I've been looking for the right moment to introduce you to him. He's a wonderful man."

"How's you meet?" Brooke asked.

"Oh, he sells, uh, computer software," Joyce told them. "He redid my entire system at the gallery, freed up a lot of my time."

"To meet new people," Brady told her. "And smooch them in our kitchen."

Joyce gave them a look. "You weren't supposed to see that."

Kitchen

The other Scoobies had been invited in to stay for dinner with the Summers and Ted.

Ted was cooking. He opened the oven and slid in a baking sheet full of mini pizzas. "Okay, here we go. Sprinkle that on..."

"Uh, a little more," Eric told him. "Okay. More..."

Ted took the cast-iron pan from the stove, walking over to the island with it and scooping out several finished pizzas.

"I like my new nine-Gig hard drive," Willow told him.

"But you don't love it, 'cause without the DMA upgrade your computer's only half a rocket ship," Ted told her.

"Yeah, but who can afford the upgrades?" Willow asked.

"Well, you can," Ted told her. "I get the demos for free, I don't see why I shouldn't give 'em to you for the same price. Any friend of Buffy, Brady and Brooke's..." Willow squealed with delight. The boys munched on the mini pizzas. "What?"

"Oh, that's the sound my sister makes when she's speechless with geeker joy," Eric explained.

"Can I just say, this is the finest pizza ever on God's green Earth," Carmen told him. "What is your secret?"