You'll Be In My Heart

Start from the beginning

"A what?" I asked.

"They are like bugs with beautiful wings, they are small things," Thor said.

I laughed. "So like butterflies?" I asked.

"Yes, but Harnt's are much more vicious!" Thor replied. I laughed just thinking of Thor saying butterflies. Or Thor being a butterfly. I stopped again to see Nat and someone fighting in combat. Was that... Barton? I almost screamed. Instead, Barton was about to shoot Nat in the head so I curved the arrow. Nat saw me quickly and gave me a thank-you-for-saving-my-life look just briefly.

I speed ran again and picked up Thor again. Suddenly the helicarrier jerked to the side and we slammed into the wall. "Are you alright?" I asked Thor

"Yes. Are you Miss. Jane?" Thor asked.

"No." I said. I tried to stand up but my leg couldn't move and started to swell. "Go on with out me," I said and before he could argue I shot him toward the door. I limped to the door, I was almost there but I heard a whine and when I got to the entry way of the door my heart sank.

What I saw was Loki, smiling evilly as his scepter went through a mans back. That man was my dad. My real dad. Agent Coulson. A red color started to stain his shirt. "Dad!" I yelled. Immediately, Loki turned when my dad dropped to the floor. My eyes were starting to water and Thor watched in horror.

"No!" Thor yelled. Loki stared at me.

"Dad? That explains many things," He said. His smile was crooked and I hated him. Every little thing about him I wanted to rip apart.

"Get away from him," I managed to choke out.

"Alright," Loki said but stepped to the control panel and had the glass cage Thor was trapped in, drop. In a blink of an eye, Thor disappeared. I limped to my dad who was up against the wall and breathing fast. Loki started to walk away and tears started to stream down my cheeks.

"Your going to lose," I yell at him with complete rage. He turned around.

"Am I?" Loki question walking towards me.

It's in your nature," I said quieter.

Your heroes are scattered, your floating fortress falls from the sky, your father is near death, where is my disadvantage?" Loki asked.

"You lack conviction," I answered harshly. Loki had enough of me. He pointed his scepter towards my heart to kill me and I waited but a loud blast came from the side of me. Loki was shot into the other room.

"Don't touch my little girl," My dad said. My tears had stopped for a little. This couldn't be happening.

I looked at my dad, he was turning paler and paler and his lips were coated with blood. "Dad," I said softly.

"Jane," He showed a weak smile. My tears started to pour again.

"Don't leave me," I said hugging his body. "you can't leave your not allowed," I cried.

"Jane, I love you. You were always my daughter, I have loved you ever since I held you," I gave a small smile while tears streamed down my cheeks.

"I love you too, daddy," I said like I was a little girl again. I remember saying that exact line just when I entered kindergarten, I clinged to my dad's leg and didn't want to let go. Now, I didn't want to let him go off his life. All of the memories started to flood me again. About first bike ride and first everything. Graduating everything. And then our Captain America collection.

"Sing to me," My dad said.

"I don't-" I choked but my dad said one sentence.

"You have a beautiful singing voice," my dad said.

I sat under his arm for shelter. And I sang.

"Come stop your cryin,

It'll be alright." I sang wobbly and I grabbed my dad's hand.

"Just take my hand

And hold it tight

I will protect you

From all around you

I will be here don't you cry." The lump in my throat got to big so I couldn't sing anymore but my dad took over.

"For one so small,

You seem so strong

My arms will hold you,

Keep you safe and warm

This bond between us

Can't be broken

I will be here

Don't you cry," my dad sang to me and I swallowed my lump and we sang together.

"'Cause you'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on

Now and forever more.

You'll be in my heart

No matter what they say

You'll be here in my heart,

Always," we both stopped singing. I was shaking hard.

"That song relates to us, doesn't it," My dad said.

"Yeah," I laughed a bit. "You can't leave me, not like Lucy," I said, tears still falling.

"I need a favor," he said.

"What," I choked up. My eyes started to sting.

"Have Cap sign those cards," he said and I smiled. "And he likes you, Jane. Be with him," he said. I brushed that off. Suddenly Fury came in. He saw my face, how I was crying hard and how I was cuddled under his limp arm. "Sorry, boss. They got rabbited."

"Just stay awake. Eyes on me!" Fury said. Looking into his eyes.

"No, I'm clocking out here," my dad said. I cried a bit harder because I knew he was going away from me.

"Not an option," Fury said.

"It's okay, boss. This was never going to work... if they didn't have... something...to," My dad looked away from Fury to me. Then the light in his eyes died. His body was cold and his face was pale. He took his last breath.

"No!" I screamed. "NO!" I screamed louder but it was a sonic boom scream. Fury was knocked down along with a medics team and I hugged my dad's body. "NO!" I screamed and sobbed. Fury stumbled back to his feet, shaking his head to probably get my scream out.

"Agent Coulson is down," Fury said.

----/----

YEP. I BROKE MY OWN HEART BUT THIS HAD TO COME. THE PHIL COLLINS SONG RELATES PERFECTLY TO THIS, IT IS A BEAUTIFUL TRAGEDY.

TO BE HONEST I WAS WAITING FOR THIS CHAPTER EVER SINCE I STARTED THIS.

THANK YOU!!