I rushed to get ready, just brushing my hair and throwing on some leggings and a hoodie to warm me from the cold air. I took the small wrapped gift that was laying on my dresser and stuffed it into the pocket of my hoodie. After slipping on a pair of vans, I ran out the door to my mom's car.

She was already sitting in the driver's seat waiting for me, and my dad was on the passenger side. If they were impatient, they didn't show it. My mom smiled as I opened the door to the back seat, settling in behind them. The heat was on in the car, making me feel warm from the cold air I was just in.

My parents were coming because Tyler thought it would be nice for him to meet his parents. Which I guess made sense, considering it was a small gathering and it would be a good time for them to meet each other.

The drive was silent, but I was just on my phone the whole time. Tyler's house wasn't too far from mine, so it only took us about five minutes to get there.

When we finally pulled into the driveway, I jumped out of the car and into the freezing air in excitement. I was always happy to see Tyler, but today I'd get to give him a gift and celebrate his birthday with him.

I skipped to his front door, my parents following behind me. I knocked three times, and then patiently stood there with my hands in the pocket of my hoodie. A second later, the door opened to my favorite brown haired boy. He smiled when he saw me, and immediately brought me into a hug.

"Happy birthday Tyler!" I exclaimed, pulling back from his embrace. My parents behind me smiled and greeted him, also wishing him a happy birthday .

"Come inside," Tyler said, stepping aside and gesturing with his hand for us to walk in. He shut the door behind us and then stood beside me, sneaking his hand into mine. I held his gently as I followed him into the kitchen.

"Mom, Y/n is here," he said, tapping her on the shoulder. She turned around, a bright smile on her face.

"Oh hello!" She said excitedly, giving me a quick side hug. "Are your parents here?" I nodded my head and pointed towards the living room, where they were still standing. She walked out of the kitchen and into the other room, but I stayed behind with Tyler.

"So how was your day?" He asked, turning around towards me. He brought his hand up and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear.

"You're asking me?" I laughed. "It's your birthday. How was your day?" I asked him, gazing into his alluring brown eyes. His lips curved into a soft smile as he intertwined his hand with mine.

"It was good. But better now that you're here," he giggled, placing his head on my shoulder. I jokingly rolled my eyes at how cliche he was being. "C'mon, lets go see what our parents are up to," he said, dragging me out of the kitchen.

We entered the living room to see both of our parents talking and laughing with each other. They seemed to be getting along pretty well.

And they were like that for the rest of the evening. When we had dinner, Tyler's dad joined in on their conversations. Luckily, Tyler and I had Josh, Taylor, and Selena with us. Tyler's brother, Zack, was also hanging out with us, but Tyler thought he was being annoying. I thought he was nice, and he was only two years younger than us, so I didn't mind.

"Oh, Tyler talks about you constantly," Zack told us as we were all sitting on the brown cushioned couch in the basement. We decided to go downstairs since all of the adults were talking upstairs, and it was way more quiet down here.

Tyler gave his brother a cold glare, shaking his head as if to say he shouldn't have ever said that. Zack just laughed to himself, probably gaining pleasure from embarrassing his older brother. Unfortunately for Tyler, I decided to join in because I found his nervousness cute.