Date

I giggle. She giggles

I smile, she smiles

We hug
We stare
We have the night of our lives
_____________________

As we both promised, we met each other by the train station. The evening was warm, the sun going down, the sky golden. Her hair was wavy and red like fire. Her lips like deep blood. she walks over and lowers her sunglasses onto the bridge of her nose, and gazes at me right in the eye.

"Hey, Emaline"
"Hey Gracie"
There was an awkward silence

"So, what do you wanna do?" She asks, looking around.

"We could go to the beach?" I suggest.

"Sure! But can i get some food first?"

We walk to the fish and chip shop, and order two bags of chips and one cod to share. Then, we walk down the ramp to the beach.

As we look for a nice place to sit, i notice those paracetamol tablets again in her bag. I didnt want to be rude so i pretended i didnt see.

"Ah! This looks perfect!" She found a quiet place by the rocks, with clear sand and the sea at our feet. We crash down onto the sand and get the fish and chips out.

"I havent had fish and chips for ages!" She says, excitedly.

"I havent had food for ages.. aha" i say, trying to fake a laugh.

She looks up to me, with concern on her face.

"Why?"

I continue to tell her all about my mom and how she doesnt even recognise me half the time. She just cares more about herself than me, i feel invisible.

"It sounds like you are being neglected! You need to call child services now."

No one has ever, ever cared for me that much. It was unusual...

Her green eyes twinkle, her red hair waves in the wind. She slowly and carefully puts her hand on my leg and leans in.

She kisses me.
My tummy feels all warm and tingly
It lasts a long time
But i like that.
I fall back and she topples on top of me, still locking onto my lips.
I stroke my hands through her soft hair.
This is the most i have felt for a long time.

Then, the sea tide comes in, fast. We get soaked by the salty water and roll around , laughing.
Gracie was wonderful