chapter 6 - Halloween

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Yeah, we split up to do the job," Carmen answered. "Rough day at the office."

Angel reached up to her hair to pull out a piece of straw. "So I see."

Carmen shrugged. "Hey, it's a look. A seasonal look."

"You look fine," Angel told her.

Carmen smiled. "You're sweet, a terrible liar, but sweet."

Angel chuckled. "For a first real date, it's not bad, is it?"

Carmen smiled, shaking her head. They smiled, drinking coffee.

"Do you dance?" Carmen asked. Angel looked at her curiously in amusement. "Come on, one dance. That wouldn't be breaking any laws, would it?"

Angel chuckled. "No. It wouldn't. I'd love to dance with you, Carmen."

Carmen smiled. They stood, going to dance for several moments, looking each other in the eyes. After a long moment of dancing and looking at each other, they finally kissed slowly and passionately, pulling away, smiling. Carmen smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder as they continued to dance.

(Song Ends)

Day Two

Morning - Sunnydale High School - Hallway

Sign-ups were being taken for the volunteer safety program for Halloween. Snyder took one of the clipboards and looked around the hall. He grabbed the next girl that walked by and pulled her aside.

"Hey!" the girl complained.

"You're volunteering," Snyder told her, holding out the clipboard and pen to her.

The Scoobies walked down the hallway, seeing this.

"But I have to get to class," the girl told him.

Snyder just shrugged. The Scoobies walked past him.

"Snyder must be in charge of the volunteer safety program for Halloween this year," Willow told them.

"Note his interesting take on the volunteer concept," Zoey told them.

"What's the deal?" Buffy asked.

They had reached Willow's locker, and she worked the combination.

"Oh, a bunch of little kids need people to take them trick-or-treating," Xander explained. "Sign up and get your own pack of sugar-hyped little runts for the night."

"Yikes," Alice told them. "I'll stick to vampires."

Snyder put his hand on her shoulder. Alice turned to face him.

"Miss Giles," Snyder told her. "Just the librarian's daughter I've been looking for, along with your juvenile delinquent friends here."

"Principal Snyder," Brooke told him.

"Halloween must be a big night for you," Snyder told them. "Tossing eggs, keying cars, bobbing for apples, one pathetic cry for help after another. Well." He led them to the sign-up table. "Not this year."

"God, we'd love to sign up," Brady told him sarcastically. "But we recently developed carpal tunnel syndrome and can tragically no longer hold a flashlight."

Snyder held up the clipboard and pen. "The program starts at four, the children have to be back at six."

Buffy reluctantly grabbed the pen and clipboard and signed herself up. Xander smiled. Willow looked concerned. Snyder held pens out to the rest of them. They all looked at him, begging not to be put through this, but they had to sign up.