chapter 4 - Inca Mummy Girl

Start from the beginning

Carmen smirked. "Oh, yeah."

They stopped at the end of a row of display cases.

Buffy noticed a guy named Rodney scraping a mask. "What's he doing?"

"Uh, that's Rodney Munson," Willow told her. "He's God's gift to the bell curve." Rodney growled at another student. "What he lacks in smarts he makes up in lack of smarts."

"Eric and Xander don't like him 'cause of that time he beat them up every day for five years," Zoey explained.

The girls chuckled.

"Yeah," Eric told them. "We're irrational that way."

Buffy smiled. "We better stop him before he gets in trouble."

"I got it," Alice told her. "The non-violent approach is probably better here."

Alice walked toward Rodney.

"I wasn't gonna use violence," Buffy told them. "I don't always use violence, do I?"

"The important thing is you believe that," Carmen told her.

Rodney still scraping the mask. "What're you..." He looked up. "Oh. Alice, hi."

"That's probably not something you're supposed to be doing," Alice told him. "You could get in trouble."

"Oh, no," Rodney said facetiously. "And they might kick me outta school?"

Alice smiled. "Are we still on for our chem tutorial tomorrow?"

"Yeah," Rodney answered. "I think I got almost all fourteen natural elements memorized."

"There're a hundred and three," Alice told him.

Rodney suddenly looked worried.

"Welcome, students," the museum guide told them. "We shall now proceed into the Incan burial chamber. The human sacrifice is about to begin."

They walked into the Inca exhibit.

"Typical museum trick," Brady told them. "Promise human sacrifice. Deliver old pots and pans."

"Five hundred years ago, the Incan people chose a beautiful teenage girl to become their princess," the guide told them.

They took the steps up to a platform where the Incan stone coffin and mummy were on display.

"I hope this story ends with, 'And she lived happily ever after,'" Willow told them.

Brooke looked into the coffin. "No. I think it ends with, 'And she became a scary, discolored, shriveled mummy.'"

"The Incan people sacrificed their princess to the mountain god Sebancaya, an offering buried alive for eternity in this dark tomb," the guide told them.

"They could've at least wrapped her in those nice white bandages," Carmen told them. "Like in the movies."

"The princess remained there protected only by a cursed seal placed there..." The guide trailed off, pointing to the plate in the mummy's hands. "As a warning to any who would wake her."

Cordelia and a few other girls were still looking at the exchange student pictures and laughing.

"So, Zoey, Carmen, when are your exchange-o boys making their appearance?" Eric asked.

"Mine is named Sven," Carmen explained. "And Cordelia's gonna pick him up."

"Mine name's Ampata," Zoey told them. "Gonna be at the bus station tomorrow night."