The Temperature of the Heart

Start from the beginning

Liz then grabbed his collar and yelled, "What were you thinking?"

"Sorry!" He apologized but she didn't take it. "I never thought that yours would be the one to break..."

You dumbass...

(Y/n) sighed as Liz said, "Is that your way of saying that my sword was lamer than you expected?"

Kirito didn't look at her. "Yeah, I guess."

Liz let's go of him and put her hands on her hips. "Just so we're clear, if I had the materials, I could make tons of swords that would snap yours like a twig!"

He smirked, "Oh yeah...I'd really love to order one. Something that could snap this one like a twig. Including (U/n)'s sword."

"How about I snap you like a twig instead!" (Y/n) threatened.

Liz turned red and stuttered, "I-If you're gonna be like that, then you'll have to help me every step of the way!" She glared as her face was back to normal.

"Seriously?"

"Right, starting with obtaining the metal." She said but Kirito objets.

"(U/n) and I will just be fine on our own. We'd rather not have you slowing us down."

(Y/n) sighs while Liz glared at him. "Don't you insult me. Believe it or not, I'm a expert mace user."

Kirito smiles, "Then where do we find the metal?" He grabs his sword.

"Floor 55, there's supposedly a dragon that eats crystals on the Western Mountains. According to the rumor, it stores rare metal inside its body." Liz said.

"Floor 55, huh?" Kirito asked and thought for a second. "We should probably go-"

Liz ignored him. "Furthermore, to get the metal," she smirks, "You need a master Smith with you. Still want to go by yourselves?"

Yeah...

(Y/n) looks at Kirito and he narrowed his eyes. He sighs, "Just keep quiet and stay out of our way."

"Hey!"

"My name's Kirito." He puts out his hand. "The girl with me is (U/n). Until we make that sword, I guess you'll be partying with us."

She ignored his hand and looks away. "Okay, Kirito!"

"You're being rather curt...I can deal with it since (U/n) is the same."

"Tch, shut the hell up!"

~

The three arrived on Floor 55: Western Field. It was cold and Liz sneezed.

"It's cold..." She mumbles.

(Y/n) turns to her, "Don't you have any extra clothing?"

"I didn't know Floor 55 was an ice and snow zone!" She whined but a (F/c) coat interrupted her. "Are you going to be okay without it?" She asks.

(Y/n) kept walking, "I'll be fine don't worry about me."

Liz nodded but didn't realize that message wasn't just towards her but to Kirito as well.

"Come on, Lisbeth." Kirito taunted which earned him a glare.

"Call me Liz, jeez."

"Okay, okay...Liz"

"Don't get carried away!" Liz shouted with irritation.

~

As they walked further, Liz was amazed to see the crystals up close. She kept smiling, "It's beautiful!" She tried to run but (Y/n) pulled her back, "What's the problem?"