chapter 1 - When They Were Bad

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, you know, I gotta say that this has been the most boring summer ever," Carmen told them.

"Yeah, but on the plus side, no monsters or stuff," Eric told them.

"I'm just so restless," Carmen complained. "I'm actually looking forward to school starting up again."

Willow and Xander laughed in agreement, still awkward because of the near kiss being interrupted, not saying much because of it.

"Yeah," Eric agreed. "And that would be because our best friends Zoey, Buffy, Brooke, Brady and Alice will be back from where they all ran off to."

"Zoey and her mom Layla went off to their gypsy family to learn about being gypsies and how to use their powers the whole summer," Carmen told them. "Buffy, Brooke and Brady were with their dad, who doesn't know that his daughters are a Slayer and Guardian, and his son is a hunter. But then again, neither does their mom."

"And Alice and her dad Giles had to leave for a little while because of something in England," Eric told them. "Yeah, but they should all be getting back soon, though, right? I've been in contact with Buffy and all that, but nothing from anyone else."

Carmen smirked teasingly. "Yeah, the reason you've been in contact with Buffy is because the two of you actually started dating after going to the spring fling together."

"Buffy, Brady and Brooke are having a good time with their dad while Buffy and Brooke are still training Brady to be a hunter," Eric explained. "He's actually really good at hunting even though he doesn't have any powers."

"Well, that's because Brady's sisters are the Slayer and a Guardian, so it's kinda in his blood, like Alice said," Carmen told them. "And Zoey and Layla are probably just too busy training with their gypsy family and learning about what it all means."

"And Alice and Giles are busy with the Council in England," Eric told them. "Wyatt said that they should be getting back soon, though."

Carmen sensed something wrong. "Do you guys feel that?"

Eric, Xander and Willow spoke together. "What?"

Carmen turned around, seeing a vampire standing on the other side of the wall behind them. They turned to follow her gaze. Willow screamed, jumping off of the wall as Xander pulled her away from the vampire.

"Willow, Xander, go!" Eric told them.

Xander and Willow started to run, but stopped.

"Eric!" Willow told him. "Carmen!"

Carmen chuckled, tilting her head. "Finally. Some baddie I can use magic against. Since there haven't been vampires or demons around to use power against, Wyatt and I've gotten really restless."

Carmen, a natural born witch, used her power to levitate herself in the air over Xander and Willow's heads, flipping down to kick the vampire to the ground, punching him twice. The vampire kicked Carmen off of him, flipping up to a standing position. Carmen used her telekinesis to rip off a branch from the tree to make a makeshift stake, trying to shoot it into the vampire's heart, but he ducked just in time, making the branch fall. Eric punched the vampire in the face before he could attack Carmen, making him fall. Willow was surprised by her brother, impressed. The vampire tried to attack Eric.

Buffy arrived, grabbing the vampire shoulder, pulling him off of Eric, punching the vampire in the face, kneeing him in the stomach, flipping him over onto his back. Brooke, Brady, Alice and Zoey had also come, walking closer.

Brooke and Alice used their red Guardian energy to levitate the vampire over the ground, throwing him to the ground with waves of their arms, both of them acting differently, more showy, cocky, very not themselves.