Chapter 2: Unexpected turn of events

"What is he doing?"
I asked to myself as I crept into the curtain of my bedroom window, squinting to see him better through the moist and rain droplets in it.

The rain was strong and the droplets were thick, you could hear it's thumping sound hitting the ground from here and the whispers of the air turned into shy yells. I wanted to go down and run to him but, I don't want him to think that I like him. I'm not that easy.

He was just standing there.
Ocasionally looking at the driveway and the road beyond. I could see his shoulders shaking as he held tight onto his leather jacket. Why won't he just stay in his car or simply leave?

Fwwhoo, shwwwwooosh, pfhewww.
The rain and wind blurs got stronger. I paced in my room, tapping a finger in my lower lip as my arms crossed over my chest. Scared?
But the question is, Scared of what?
That he might get sick, that he might just pass out there in our front porch? Oh God the image of him getting sick. I felt my stomach tighten, I gave in and ran downstairs grabbing two large coats.

 "What the hell Zayn!" I ran to him covering him with the two coats.

I acciedentally ran my finger tips in his skin, he was so pale and so cold. We ran inside.
"What the fuck were you doing?! Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" I yelled.

He bobbed his head back as I lay him in the couch.
"You . . . s-said, that we should get out, a-and I wanted to . . . *cough* stay to make sure th-that he won't go back and t-try to *cough* hurt you."
I felt my lips curve into a smile, when he opened his eyes I frowned again,

"What? You're trying to make me feel guilty as you stand in the rain?! Why didn't you just go back to your car and wait there?" I wrapped the two coats on him tightly as I spoke.

He half-smiled-half-sighed.
He turn his head, pointed at the coffee table infront of us.

I saw his keys.

"Oh," I managed to say. "Sorry."

"It's okay, I wanted to go back in but I decided to leave you to cool some steam but I think I *cough* waited too long."

I looked down on my lap, feeling like a total jerk.

I felt his cold hand on top of mine, like telling me that it's okay. He was still shaking.
"Come," I said standing up and reaching out a hand.

I opened the bathroom door and let him sit in the covered toilet as I fixed the area.
I filled the bathtub with some warm water and grabbed two towels and one bathrobe and placed it somewhere he'll be able to get it easily.

I turned my head to face him and he looked away again. Flushed.
"Were you . . . checking me out?" I grimaced.

He looked at me in awe and I saw the transformation of the color of his cheeks from snow white to crimson red. I chuckled.

He gulped deeply and started coughing, fakely.

I went up to him and helped him stand up.
Just a minute passed when we got to the bathtub and I turned my head, he was already naked.
Just from his chest down to his torso.
I can't help myself and looked at his pale, toned, body with my mouth slightly open.
"I'll just . . . uhm, just leave you to uhm, this."

I quickly headed for the door when he said,
"And now, were you . . . checking me out?" I saw his big grin as he sat in the bathtub looking at me.

I turned my head and walked away immediately, feeling the burn in my cheeks and the tightening of my stomach. 

(Couple of minutes passed)

I heated some water and made some soup and tea, prepared the bed with soft and warm blankets. I've always been the caring person, but always hid it.
I knocked on his door and it creaked as it moved back to the wall.