The Many Lost Shrieks...

26th of August 79 A.D

It's a seemingly apocryphal thought; that this perturbing, desolate, godforsaken wasteland, this cesspool of obliteration & despair, was once a city of joy, of success & riches, perfection & love. Now it is nothing of more than a realm of anguish in a universe of melancholia. My entire life has been spent inside that paradise, never knowing true suffering, never stopping to wonder... But who could have? What being in this tragic world could possibly have predicted that all hell would spew forth from within the black, broken hearts of the titans. Mt. Vesuvius brought down more pain & malevolence upon us Pompeiians than anything we had ever imagined, an insufferable nightmare of flame, blackness & death. I remember the days before the great atrocity, an entirely different world, one comprised of much more than smoldering tragedy. Mere hours before the eruption I was wandering through the extravagant, luscious roads of our city, marveling at the bejeweled architecture, that originated from within the superlative mind of our wondrous overlord; Emperor Titus. As I stare out at the land of ruin & detriment, I wonder how, in this world, they can be the same. Over two thousand mortals must have horrifically perished in that storm of agony. My soul is consumed with vicious memories of the flames, the heat & the death. Only yesterday the great, fiery terror finally subsided, leaving in its wake; a world of despair & destruction. I lost my child in that blaze, that monstrous devilry. Many have lost their own lives, but somehow, I feel no gratitude for being spared from that horrific fate. Only a black void.

They were my entire life, above all else, my child; my offspring, the single most superb triumph of the universe. No existence in this realm could fathom the amount of affection & love I feel for my beautiful, wondrous progeny, nor the masses of despair & grief I possess for the malformed, smoldering cadaver that lies within the city of hell.

Violent, flowing tears pour down my contortedface, rushing tsunamis of sadness, drenching my trembling body as I collapseupon the ground of Stabiae, what's left of my mind being lacerated bygut-wrenching memories of my lovely offspring, of Pompeii & of our world's truenightmares. Time no longer exists as lie on the earth, paralyzed by reality; aliving corpse. Shrieks of true horror erupt from within me, shattering any hopethroughout the land...